Fork Seal Leak Sound Off - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 Old 05-21-2007, 04:46 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Exclamation Fork Seal Leak Sound Off

Ok guys I need a little help. I went to my dealer today and pointed out my leaky fork seal. I am out of my warrenty by 2 months, but the bike only has 2900 miles on it. I printed off alot of the leaky seal posts and dealer says they will contact Kawa about it for me. So if you have had an issue with your right fork seal leaking do me a solid and post! If you could state your issue and wether kawa covered it or not I would really apreatiate it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 05-21-2007, 09:29 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

+1 for my bro

Dealer did not get a chance to fix it...we do not trust dealers work!

Bike was out of warranty by 2 months

Regards,
post #3 of 29 Old 05-21-2007, 11:15 PM
BANNED

Posting Frequency

This is funny because when I bought my 06 a few months ago my dealer had me sign a piece of paper stating I understood that fork seals and clutch plates were not covered under warranty.

Apparently the big 4 are tired of fixing damage due to wheelies and burnouts.

I can scan and post this document for the unbeleiving.

I didn't mind signing it because I don't do wheelies or burnouts. I do like going fast though.

JJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 Old 05-22-2007, 06:48 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Seals, Clutches, Pads, if you read the specific exclusions to your warranty are not covered (considered wear items). Especially when you're talking about extended warranty. However, I have worked in dealerships since 2003 and have seen that during factory warranty they will ALMOST always pay anyway (IF THE DEALER ASKS THEM TO!!!).

Oh well, if they don't luckily you have a pair of the easiest forks to change seals on. Only have to unscrew the top cap and zip out the bottom bolt.
post #5 of 29 Old 05-22-2007, 08:03 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

mine right blew at 600 (yes 600) miles dealer gave me the wheelie bullshit but after i bitched them out about how only one seal was leaking and theres no other damamge anywhere they called kawi and kawi didn't even resist

oh an din those 600 miles i did not do wheelies even if i did it shouldn't have blown that soon and just one i learned wheelies on my 04 636 broke the headlight mounts form so many hard landings and that bnike spent most of its 12000 miles on one wheel and i never had a seal go on that

"Once you've tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return."
post #6 of 29 Old 05-22-2007, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJam View Post
This is funny because when I bought my 06 a few months ago my dealer had me sign a piece of paper stating I understood that fork seals and clutch plates were not covered under warranty.

Apparently the big 4 are tired of fixing damage due to wheelies and burnouts.

I can scan and post this document for the unbeleiving.

I didn't mind signing it because I don't do wheelies or burnouts. I do like going fast though.

JJ

Yes well thats fine and dandy if there isnt a flaw, but if you do a search you will find that there are way too many people who have had thier front right fork seal blow out at 2500-3000 miles, and some even earlier. Not all those people could even possibly know how to wheelie. Mine is not from wheelie's. And you shouldnt have signed any bogus crap like that because no one else ever has and I certainly did not!
post #7 of 29 Old 05-22-2007, 03:30 PM

Posting Frequency

My right was just replaced under warranty at 5400 miles
post #8 of 29 Old 05-22-2007, 04:22 PM
BANNED

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiah1 View Post
Yes well thats fine and dandy if there isnt a flaw, but if you do a search you will find that there are way too many people who have had thier front right fork seal blow out at 2500-3000 miles, and some even earlier. Not all those people could even possibly know how to wheelie. Mine is not from wheelie's. And you shouldnt have signed any bogus crap like that because no one else ever has and I certainly did not!
<<<And you shouldnt have signed any bogus crap like that because no one else ever has and I certainly did not!>>>

I didn't mind signing that disclaimer because I agree with it. I'm not worried about mine blowing out and if it does I will replace/repair it myself. If there is a widespread "defect" causing many bikes right fork seals to blow, then expect yours to blow again. Make Kawasaki fix it again. I'm simply not worried about it.

JJ
post #9 of 29 Old 05-22-2007, 04:37 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJam View Post
<<<And you shouldnt have signed any bogus crap like that because no one else ever has and I certainly did not!>>>

I didn't mind signing that disclaimer because I agree with it. I'm not worried about mine blowing out and if it does I will replace/repair it myself. If there is a widespread "defect" causing many bikes right fork seals to blow, then expect yours to blow again. Make Kawasaki fix it again. I'm simply not worried about it.JJ
Aight, I really am not interested. You are agreeing with getting screwed by a dealer so you left your brain at home. Just because wheelies and such can cause these issues doesnt mean that they cant happen without doing wheelies, or whatever. Defects happen and you signed an agreement opting out of any help if something did go wrong when you did not have to! Your not exempt from having problems because you ride your bike a certain way. Please do not detour my thread any longer because I happen to have an issue that with some resources could be fixed. In your words: "if there is a wide spread defect then it will happen again". Well then kawa should be bugged about it untill they address it publicly. I am doing my part to protect the comsumer. This was not supposed to be a discusion or your chance to scold someone about ridding a bike in your opinion improperly! Have a nice day.
post #10 of 29 Old 05-22-2007, 06:49 PM
BANNED

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiah1 View Post
Aight, I really am not interested. You are agreeing with getting screwed by a dealer so you left your brain at home. Just because wheelies and such can cause these issues doesnt mean that they cant happen without doing wheelies, or whatever. Defects happen and you signed an agreement opting out of any help if something did go wrong when you did not have to! Your not exempt from having problems because you ride your bike a certain way. Please do not detour my thread any longer because I happen to have an issue that with some resources could be fixed. In your words: "if there is a wide spread defect then it will happen again". Well then kawa should be bugged about it untill they address it publicly. I am doing my part to protect the comsumer. This was not supposed to be a discusion or your chance to scold someone about ridding a bike in your opinion improperly! Have a nice day.
<<<This was not supposed to be a discusion or your chance to scold someone about ridding a bike in your opinion improperly!>>>

STOP acting like a child. No ONE is scolding you. I was simply pointing out the lengths that some dealers will now go to to run interefence to avoid these type repairs. Take a chill pill. I never said YOU personally abuse your bike.

But what I am saying now is that perhaps if you rode your bike more than 2600 miles in 14 months you would have uncovered the defect while your bike was still in warranty. 12 Months is 12 months. not 14. Its 12 months 2600 miles or 12 months 100,000 miles. Its the same thing.

Good luck to you, I hope you get your bike fixed for free.

PS, I havent got screwed by the dealer as you suggest.

JJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in