Forced induction tuner in Arizona? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 06-06-2012, 12:36 AM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Question Forced induction tuner in Arizona?

I'm trying to find a good shop that is within a couple hundred miles that has some experience dyno tuning forced induction sportbikes. Once upon a time I went to ECS Dyno in Phoenix, but I don't think they are around anymore. I have this supercharged 2nd gen up and running, but between having the bigger injectors in it and no real data-logging ability with this set-up, I'm going to need some quality time on a dyno with someone who knows what they hell they're dealing with. KMS is the only place I've even heard of that might be able to accommodate.... I'll talk to a guy that used to work there tomorrow.

Anyone have any recommendations? I'm 200 miles straight south of Phoenix; I'd rather not trailer all the way to CA or NM to get it done. Especially because I don't actually own my own truck or trailer. :)

Last edited by SpazOnaZX; 06-06-2012 at 12:42 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 06-06-2012, 01:25 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

big injectors, check. fuel pump? and whatever they do, make damn sure they keep you below a 11.5:1 air fuel ratio. 11:1-11.5:1 is around ideal for your described setup but the tuner will be able to see where in that range is best for your bike.
post #3 of 12 Old 06-06-2012, 01:30 AM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Oh, no worries on set-up and how to tune it... I just lack equipment. If I had access to a dyno I could do it myself. Most guys that own one aren't going to let you go buck wild on their stuff though... I sure wouldn't let some walk-in if I owned one. :)

Sooooo.... anyone know someone? I figured Phoenix has to have someone who can get it done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 06-06-2012, 03:03 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Not sure how much experience with forced induction but chek ESP (Evan Steel Performance in Tucson) They build some of the fastest privateer bikes in the AMA.
post #5 of 12 Old 06-06-2012, 06:58 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Google Sam Terranova, he is in AZ.
post #6 of 12 Old 06-06-2012, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick10 View Post
Not sure how much experience with forced induction but chek ESP (Evan Steel Performance in Tucson) They build some of the fastest privateer bikes in the AMA.
I've had some run in's with ESP stuff from Arroyo Seco: no doubt he makes bikes fast on a road course. I've never seen any real "straight-line oriented" stuff from him, but I'll give the shop a ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsabat
Google Sam Terranova, he is in AZ.
Will do.
post #7 of 12 Old 06-07-2012, 02:15 AM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Sam Terranova doesn't have a dyno in is shop anymore according to the nice lady I spoke to on the phone. No luck with ESP either. But I talked with the guy at KMS in Phoenix and he seems willing and able to get it done. I'll know after the 9th and update for anyone who cares. :)
post #8 of 12 Old 12-26-2012, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Update for anyone who cares:

Kelly up @ KMS Performance was fantastic. The guy is really a mad scientist with forced induction, and is a fantastic dyno tuner. Real down to earth, and was willing to open up the shop on a Sunday just to do a session for me so there wouldn't be any distractions. Answered questions and let me annoy the shit out of him (most-likely) while he did the work. Really, really awesome experience. I've been back up at least once since then, and I'll keep going back. If you're in AZ and you need good dyno work on anything street/dirt/snow, I'd highly recommend this shop.

On a side note, he builds some of the most insane off-road (dirtbike/quad/snow) machines that I have ever seen. Can you imagine a Raptor 700 with 20 more whp than a 2008 Zx-10R? heheheh just ludicrous awesome stuff.
post #9 of 12 Old 12-26-2012, 06:10 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I had agency power mess with mine when I did some contract work. They are a clean shop and very cool to work with. Thought I'd just throw that out there. They are in gilbert area

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Motorcycle.com Free App
post #10 of 12 Old 12-27-2012, 11:35 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

dyno graphs? sounds good, always glad to hear of good tuners still out there
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in