Flat oil pan 06-07 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 10-31-2008, 09:00 AM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Flat oil pan 06-07

Hey guys. I know what the culprit is for throwing a rod last weekend. I have been experimenting with different much smaller, slimmer, and a whole lot more ground clearance oil pans.

Has anyone made one of these before? I have contacted all the big engine builders and anyone else that may have had experience with this. However everyone I have talked to said they have never done one.

Any ideas would be great. I have access to the machines to make these. I just have to make the proper design that will not cause a drop in oil pressure.

And once these are perfected I will be selling them for all you drag racers out there. The ones that come up with helpfull advise will recieve a significant price reduction on these if they want one. And if anyone wants to be a quinea pig you will have one for free.

PM me if you are wanting to be a tester.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 10-31-2008, 10:05 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Hey Man thanks for trying to do something good for the 06/07 models guys. Man i been wanting and hoping somebody would come out with one and nobody has never come out with one. However, there was a guy on "Psychobike.com" that works for MPE which stands for motorsport performance engineering. Go to their website and click on the "contact us" and fill out the contact form to see if they have any insight on the billet 1.5-2.0 inch oil pan that they were originally designing for this year model. Furthermore, yes i want one bad and it if you really want to sell them you need to make it out of billet aluminum with trap doors, baffling and a unique ball bearing swivel oil pickup. Thats if you want to do it right. Also you can contact "Adams Performance" and speak to "coby Adams to get some insight and additional information as to what it will cost and what might be needed to make it turn out successful. Also if you can make it thin enough where as you can run a standard regular exhaust system under the pan that would also be greeeeaaaattttt. You really would sell alot of them then !!! Do your homework thoroughly before you attempt it !!! If i can help you in any way, shape or form just let me know. I will contact these different people if you want me to and then i will forward the information that they give me onto you ?????????
post #3 of 12 Old 10-31-2008, 10:21 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

take a look at the zx14 pan that coby adams makes try to make one like that you can find pictures of it taken apart on psychobike

bike is down for not but not out
turbo project is a slow go no money

Need some work done
call 586-214-2414
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 10-31-2008, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRECKSHOP View Post
Hey Man thanks for trying to do something good for the 06/07 models guys. Man i been wanting and hoping somebody would come out with one and nobody has never come out with one. However, there was a guy on "Psychobike.com" that works for MPE which stands for motorsport performance engineering. Go to their website and click on the "contact us" and fill out the contact form to see if they have any insight on the billet 1.5-2.0 inch oil pan that they were originally designing for this year model. Furthermore, yes i want one bad and it if you really want to sell them you need to make it out of billet aluminum with trap doors, baffling and a unique ball bearing swivel oil pickup. Thats if you want to do it right. Also you can contact "Adams Performance" and speak to "coby Adams to get some insight and additional information as to what it will cost and what might be needed to make it turn out successful. Also if you can make it thin enough where as you can run a standard regular exhaust system under the pan that would also be greeeeaaaattttt. You really would sell alot of them then !!! Do your homework thoroughly before you attempt it !!! If i can help you in any way, shape or form just let me know. I will contact these different people if you want me to and then i will forward the information that they give me onto you ?????????
That would be great if you could talk to them. I would want to make two versions however. One for strip applications so that the bike can be as low as possible and the other with the swivel pickup.

And yes the finall product would be billet aluminum. However the prototypes currently are welded aluminum.
post #5 of 12 Old 10-31-2008, 05:18 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I am almost curtain there is a Jap company that makes a dry sump system for the 10, I will try and find the web site.

I never gave it to anyone that didn't deserve it...
post #6 of 12 Old 10-31-2008, 05:21 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

http://www.tpe-inc.com/dry_sumps.htm

I never gave it to anyone that didn't deserve it...
post #7 of 12 Old 11-01-2008, 01:04 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

We are definately gonna get this done for the 06/07 Gen owner's. Especially, since he has the equipment at his disposal. I'm gonna do all that i can to make this happen with supplying "Spillman" with the right information.
post #8 of 12 Old 11-01-2008, 02:34 AM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Well guys the design for the drag setup with a swivel pickup design prototype 1 is finished on paper. All I lack is a few more measurements and some sleep before having the machine work done.

The most difficult part was figuring out how to support the oil pickup. But that problem is solved now. Sorry no pics right now on the design. Don't want anything leaking out to the people that have tried before.

Look for more coming in the next few days.
post #9 of 12 Old 11-02-2008, 07:58 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

adams performance will cut your stock pan, oil pickup, and relocate the drain plug for 150 plus shipping
post #10 of 12 Old 11-02-2008, 09:19 AM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
adams performance will cut your stock pan, oil pickup, and relocate the drain plug for 150 plus shipping

Yes but thats not going to be enough clearance and I want there to be absolutely sure the engine doesn't loose oil pressure. These motor are not a dime a dozen and they are not cheap either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in