I just finshed up modifying my throttle bodies (08 ZX10).
Pulled off and ready to remove the Secondary flies shaft and servo motor.
I bought some wire label stickers to keep track of what goes where and to be certain I connect them "all" the first time.
Before I split them apart I took a quick measurement to keep 1&2 / 3&4 in sync.
Split with shaft and servo removed.
J B Weld setting up. I did buy some quick dry (4 minute setup time) J B Weld, but decided for this application to use the original. It took alot longer to setup, but worth it.
I let it set overnight and used a pencil grinder to smooth down the high spots.
I just had to get rid of the lip right above the primary flies. Its bigger than it looks.
A combination of fine grit sandpaper, scotch brite, and WD-40 smoothed things up nicely.
Much better than before!
A little tip on double checking the sync. I use a thin piece of shim stock
(.010" in this case) the make sure the gaps are the same. Even though I measured between the spring and screw, mine were still just a bit out of sync.
I'm going to give bypassing the servo and subthrottle sensor a shot when I reassemble.
If not, the exhaust servo is going in the garbage.
Now I just need to decide if I want to tear into the topend while I'm half way there.