Finally Satisfied - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 11-18-2005, 01:20 AM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Finally Satisfied

I had been having a terrible high pitched whine coming from my generator and my lights had been dimming for about 2 months, took it to my dealer several times and they said it was fine no problems, they actually told me to just ride it and if it lets go then warranty would fix it. Well lucky for me I met this guy while riding a couple of weeks ago and it turns out he works in the warranty dept at Kawasaki Canada, I told him of my problem and he heard the whine himself and right away told me they had some issues with the stator in the 04, I mentioned to him what the dealer had told me and he was not happy at all. He told me to take it in again and see what they say and if I had any problems to contact him immediately while the bike was still at the dealer, well I took it to the dealer and it was the same response as before so I contacted the warranty guy and he put them straight, he got them to pull out the stator and check various points, apparantly there are 6 different gear/shaft combinations and there was some mismatching that went on in the factory, on some there are color coded dots on the stator shaft and where it slides in if these colors don't match then it's no good,or if you have one that the dots are the matching colors you still have to make sure they are in alignment, or if you get one with no dots this means that it is a match. Well mine didn't match and within 2 days Kawasaki had the one that matched for me and in my bike no charge. The noise is gone now and I'm back to worry free riding. I can't believe how lucky I was to meet this guy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 11-18-2005, 01:30 AM

Posting Frequency

Wow, talk about nice luck. It seems all one hears about these days is dealers telling us to buzz off. I'm glad to hear you got it sorted though.
post #3 of 12 Old 11-18-2005, 07:18 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I am telling you, the dealer dont want to work on the bikes anymore unless it is broken. It seems like the service people dont like to have to chase down or find out what the problem is but would rather just have it where they open it up and the broken part is sitting right there.

Or

They dont want to even try to get Kawasaki to warranty it and just tell you that it is not covered or that you need to pay for the work up front and if Kawasaki covers it they will reimburse you then.

I brought my 636 to the dealer as it was cutting out under WOT and the top of 4,5, and 6 gear. The dealer had the nerve to gripe at me and ask me why I was riding the bike that hard and that I should not be at redline. Then it took them 3 months to fix the bike. Kawasaki told them several times and told me that they had told the dealer to order as many sensors as they thought they needed and replaced them and they would pay for the parts.

Instead the dealer pussy footed around it, messed all sorts of things up that I ende up having to go behind them and redo (had a oil leak on the bike after I got it back from them, they refused to fix it...).

Then fast forward to about 4 months ago the instrument cluster went out, they refused to even look at it, said they did not want to have to chase electrical gremlins and said either I paid for the work up front or else they would not touch it. I called Kawasaki and they basically said if the part was broken they would cover it, but they had no way to force the dealer to not charge me up front.

Took it to another dealer and they had it fixed in a week with no hassel.

I hate having to work with dealer and will usually pay for it out of my pocket before I take it in to them or if it is just going to be expensive then I take in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 11-18-2005, 07:42 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

It's a good thing you found out what the problem was. Just wondering if my 04 had the same problem. Not sure if you remember the whine noise coming from my engine.

post #5 of 12 Old 11-18-2005, 08:03 AM

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaky
....Took it to another dealer and they had it fixed in a week with no hassel....

Don't think I'd go back to dealer #1....ever!
post #6 of 12 Old 11-18-2005, 09:15 AM

Posting Frequency

That is what i was wondering too steamR...yours had a major whine!! You could hear it from FAR away!
post #7 of 12 Old 11-18-2005, 09:27 AM
Man About Town

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by storm
That is what i was wondering too steamR...yours had a major whine!! You could hear it from FAR away!

post #8 of 12 Old 11-18-2005, 11:50 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Yeah and I got my bike the same place where Middleye bought his.

post #9 of 12 Old 11-18-2005, 11:55 AM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Glad to hear it finally got taken care of though.

04 Green ZX-10R, Evo II Header, Evo Canister, PCIIIUSB, BMC Race Filter, Vortex adj. Rearsets, Scorpio Alarm, Scotts Damper, Ivan's TRE, Ivan PCIII USB Map, Ivan's Kleen Block-Offs, Clear Alternatives Flush Mounts, Puig Double Bubble, Mirror Blocks, Sho-gun sliders, 1/5 throttle, Hot bodies fender eliminator, Goodridge SS lines, pazzo shorties and exhuast hanger.
post #10 of 12 Old 11-18-2005, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

I really don't fault the dealers for things like this, I think generally it is the manufacturers that don't want to warranty their products and the dealers hands are tied, I was just lucky in this situation that I met this Kawasaki Warranty Rep. Overall I'm very happy with this dealer and would continue to use them, If Kawasaki knew there was a problem why wouldn't they issue a recall or at least put out a service bulletin?

Last edited by Middleye; 11-18-2005 at 01:56 PM. Reason: additional info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in