Finally Admitted Defeat - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 Old 04-04-2006, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Finally Admitted Defeat

Well, I've been to another dyno shop after fitting the Factory Pro Stacks and BMC Race Filter in the hope that a different dyno shop would sort out my flat spot and snatchy throttle but it is not to be. I am now convinced that my Sub Throttle Sensor is faulty. I assumed there was something wrong when I did the ohms test on the sensor, it read axactly the same no matter where I put the sensor, for a variable sensor it should read different when turned from one position to another. SO, I am now looking into changing the Throttle Bodies and ditching the TRE, I've had enough and spent too much money trying to dial the problem out on the Dyno. The overall readings are good 164bhp and 83.06 Torque but the throttle on/off is still poor. He managed to mask the flat spot a little but the snatchy throttle remains.
Anyone want to buy a TRE, I'll probably take the Ignition Module off as well as I cannot see where the gains are without major engine mods.

Not enough room here to list everything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 04-06-2006, 10:42 AM

Posting Frequency

Coach, if the 164 is gen power (no i'm not calling you a liar) then you've got good ponies from it! I have full arata system, pc 3, and a bmc filter and only expect to see the same(ish)! Do you know what gains were acheived with the factory pro stacks? i'm considering them myself? like you i havn't heard any gains with the ignition mod!
post #3 of 28 Old 04-06-2006, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I have posted the dyno chart from my last time in another thread but this time was at a different dyno so make of the results as you wish. The last figure was 158bhp then I added the Factory Pro Stacks and the BMC Race Filter, this dyno shop tweaked the Ignition map slightly and this time it was 164.34bhp the torque was also better. I've attached a scan of the latest dyno sheet. I've managed to find a set of throttle bodies which I will be installing soon and removing the TRE. I have a map from my friends bike with pretty much the same mods that I will install and run a zero Ignition map and go from there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Last Dyno Chart.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	155.6 KB
ID:	13894  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 Old 04-06-2006, 11:28 AM
Still here

Posting Frequency

Good luck.
If it is the TPS, you should be happy with the set up. Including the TRE with a working TPS.

I am still happy with mine.

Sarah Palin and friends can call it a snow machine all they want but Yamaha, Polaris and Bombardier plus the related magazines all seem to call them Snowmobiles.

Snow machines create snow on ski slopes. Just sayin'
post #5 of 28 Old 04-06-2006, 05:16 PM

Posting Frequency

fookin goods numbers thou coach was that at franks?

its more than minecurves better than mine as well
post #6 of 28 Old 04-06-2006, 06:37 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Skype™ to lavudyar
Flat spot? That's a healthy lookin' chart there Coach! You talking about the torque dip 'tween 4.5 & 5.5?

Ray D
Never pet a burning dog.
post #7 of 28 Old 04-06-2006, 11:49 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Yes that was at Franks. I was happy with the results as far as power goes but he wasn't able to sort the problem of the flat spot and the snatchy throttle. The flat spot is at 2500rpm which is 2% throttle and doesn't show up on the chart and the off/on throttle was very snatchy. He softened the ignition and added fuel at closed position to try and stop the snatching but it still does it maybe not so bad. I've made my mind up the TRE is coming off. I have located a second hand set of throttle bodies which should be here at the weekend and they will be changed soon as I think the Sub Throttle Sensor on the bodies is Fucked. I checked the resistance readings for it and they are the same in all positions and for a variable resistor I think this is wrong. Hopefully this will solve the problem.

post #8 of 28 Old 04-08-2006, 02:51 AM

Posting Frequency

is it a 3 wire or 2 wire sensor? i'm more fimilair with cars but TP sensors are potentiometers and not variable resistors!
post #9 of 28 Old 04-08-2006, 07:26 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Some people get mixed up on this topic. It's not the Throttle Position Sensor it is the Sub Throttle Sensor, it has 3 connections and it is a Variable Resistor. In my case it didn't matter where I put the sensor it read axactly the same resistance so I assume it is broke.

post #10 of 28 Old 04-08-2006, 11:02 AM

Posting Frequency

if its a 3 wire i'm almost curtain its a potentiometer. variable resistors or reostats are 2 wire.

when u checked resistance were u putting ur leads on the outer 2 pics

or the middle pin and an outside pin?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in