FI light - 2007 ZX10R - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 08-01-2007, 08:28 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

FI light - 2007 ZX10R

My bike has done 1500 miles, since I fitted a PCIII I've noticed the FI light comes on when I give it some throttle, but it reset with the ignition. Yesterday it came on at low speeds around town, and came back on within 30 yards of resetting. It doesn't appear to affect the performance of the bike, but it's annoying. I cured a similar problem on my 636 by putting an FI fix on the exhaust valve motor and wiring the valve open, but this bike is new, surely it's not the valve already, any ideas?

It's a European model, but I've removed the oxygen sensors and fitted Dynojet 02 eliminators.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-10-2007, 01:02 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

The ZX10 06/07 does not need exhuast valve fix as the 636(I had this fix myself on the 2005).
but you need to make sure that the o2 el. you have are for the 07 mod.
Becouse somehow the 06 and 07 is not the same.

------------------------------------------
05- ZX6R
06- ZX10R
08- ZX10R
10- S1000RR M-sport, ABS/DTC, Alarm, HP shifter.
post #3 of 8 Old 08-10-2007, 01:06 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_uk View Post
My bike has done 1500 miles, since I fitted a PCIII I've noticed the FI light comes on when I give it some throttle, but it reset with the ignition. Yesterday it came on at low speeds around town, and came back on within 30 yards of resetting. It doesn't appear to affect the performance of the bike, but it's annoying. I cured a similar problem on my 636 by putting an FI fix on the exhaust valve motor and wiring the valve open, but this bike is new, surely it's not the valve already, any ideas?

It's a European model, but I've removed the oxygen sensors and fitted Dynojet 02 eliminators.
Why did you fit eliminators? You changed your exhaust system?
As for your FI light maybe you have a bad connection with eliminators.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 08-10-2007, 01:21 PM

Posting Frequency

Weird!!! My FI light came on a few weeks ago (stayed on at any speed) & I just took her to the "stealership" seeing as I still have warranty. Just got her back yesterday, turned out the "butterfly valve" was faulty.
post #5 of 8 Old 08-10-2007, 10:28 PM
Supercharged Mod

Posting Frequency

Doug, you need to scan the ECU (see shop manual) and find out what trouble code is being set.

But, given that your bike has a bunch of aftermarket stuff on it, 9 out of 10 chance that something in that aftermarket stuff has gone awry. The code might be indicative of what component is at fault. You might have to remove each aftermarket gizmo in turn and put the wiring back to stock until the fault goes away, in order to figure out what's wrong.

Aftermarket stuff reliability is wayyyyy less than OEM stuff reliability.

Personally, I'd leave the lambda sensors connected and working.

Helibars, MRA screen, Ohlins damper, reversed shift pattern, sorted suspension, braided lines, Michelin Pilot Power, all else stock 'coz it's fast enough!
post #6 of 8 Old 08-11-2007, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I read the ecu readout and it was Error 33, The oxygen sensor #1 is not activated. I contacted Dynojet and they've told me to get a replacement from Dynojet UK.

The 02 eliminators have a plug just above the bellypan joint, which means the left-hand middle fairing needs removing, they are staggered slightly and an incredible pain to separate. Dynojet say remove the 02 sensors, so who am I to argue, and since the cat doesn't have anywhere to plug sensors into any more I'm reluctant to strip half the bike and put the original back in.

I must say that putting two electrical connectors just behind the front wheel so they can get drenched with water doesn't seem the most sensible idea Kawasaki have come up with, a bit like Yamaha and the infamous YZF750R/R1 block connector slightly higher up.

All I have to do now is figure out which sensor is #1 and see if #2 is faulty as well.

The difference between the 06 and 07 oxygen eliminator is the gender of the connection, they changed from male to female for some reason, maybe water getting in :-)

If you USA riders think this is a just a European thing then I suggest you wait a year, I expect you'll be getting them soon.
post #7 of 8 Old 08-11-2007, 01:30 PM
Chickenstrip Eater

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to SUPER K
[QUOTE=doug_uk;720848]I read the ecu readout and it was Error 33, The oxygen sensor #1 is not activated. I contacted Dynojet and they've told me to get a replacement from Dynojet UK.

The 02 eliminators have a plug just above the bellypan joint, which means the left-hand middle fairing needs removing, they are staggered slightly and an incredible pain to separate. Dynojet say remove the 02 sensors, so who am I to argue, and since the cat doesn't have anywhere to plug sensors into any more I'm reluctant to strip half the bike and put the original back in.

I must say that putting two electrical connectors just behind the front wheel so they can get drenched with water doesn't seem the most sensible idea Kawasaki have come up with, a bit like Yamaha and the infamous YZF750R/R1 block connector slightly higher up.

All I have to do now is figure out which sensor is #1 and see if #2 is faulty as well.

The difference between the 06 and 07 oxygen eliminator is the gender of the connection, they changed from male to female for some reason, maybe water getting in :-)

If you USA riders think this is a just a European thing then I suggest you wait a year, I expect you'll be getting them soon.[/[QUOTE]
I'l have to agree, they's gettin mighty strict roun here. Did you use terminal grease on the connectors you stated are behind the front wheel? It helps seal and protect them from that nasty white corrosion.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o45/josh10r/IMG_0144-1-1-1.jpg
Sent from your mom's IPhone using dirty fingers
post #8 of 8 Old 08-11-2007, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I haven't run it in the rain yet, once it's running ok I'll put dialectric grease on it. I''m trying to get it running right before I get it dyno'd and have a custom map. There was a delay while Dynojet produced the correct part for the '07 model, then the UK had about eight weeks of almost constant rain, so the bike has spent most of it's life indoors.

I've got carbon Akrapovic pipes, without baffles, as well as the de-cat and the PCIII, it sounds fabulous.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in