Fi flashing after dyno run - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 04-25-2008, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Fi flashing after dyno run

Got the bike back from the dyno center 2 days ago and as the dealer hands me the key's he informs me that my Fi light is blinking and that i should ignore it and that all zx10r's are doing it after they been fitted with a powercommander.

in my ears it sounds like a bunch of B/S

the bike is fitted with complet akrapovic titanium system (will be removed as soon as my racefit arrives) and a powercommander

any of u had this problem and did u find a way to fix it other than removing the powercommander and are US bikes fitted with lambda probes like mine coz someone told me that US bikes dont have them ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 04-25-2008, 10:01 AM
MIA Ex-Mod

Posting Frequency

They probably unhooked the servo motor under the seat which is causing the FI light. If they left the servo motor in the just plug it back up. If they took out the servo motor then get it back and plug it back in.

Tread

2004 PBO zx10-r pazzo, seat cowl, yoshi Ti TRS bolt on, PC3, Speedo-Healer, Hyperpro, Braided lines, 16-40, Sato sets, ZG dark screen, and more.
post #3 of 10 Old 04-25-2008, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

doubt it the guy who did the dyno job is suppose to be the best in the country
that ofc dont mean he cant make a mistake

imo the problem lies in the lamda probes coz they are removed and like a car if the ecu dont get a signal back from the probes it will set a fault saying that they are not working, that's why im interested to know if some models are running without lamda probes

I work with car ecu malfuntions in my dayjob so i got an idea of what's going on inside those little black boxes but i'll check the servo motor under the seat could be sweat if it just a unplugged connector
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 04-25-2008, 10:18 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I am going to go with Tread on this one... I just put a full system and PC3 on my 07 and I didn't get the FI light come on..... If he just disconnected the wires to the servo then no light, but if you disconnect the servo it self then you get the FI light.... Just check it out... it will only take a few minutes....

07' Blue ZX-10R Lowered, Fender Eliminator,PC3, TRE, Ivan's custom tune, Frame Sliders, Helibars and Racefit Growler...............
05' ZX-10R SOLD......
post #5 of 10 Old 04-25-2008, 11:48 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I believe on the Euro models the FI light does flash because they are equiped with O2 or Lambda sensors. I believe Akra makes a lambda simulator that tricks the ecu to thinking everythings ok. I'm not sure but I'm think other Euro members could chime in and give you some more info.
post #6 of 10 Old 04-25-2008, 11:50 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Just pulled the seat off the servo is connected that why i need to know if all bikes are fitted with lamda probes and so are they still connected

if lets say us bikes dont have them then u have np fitting a full system and a pcIII

and some of the later bikes like the 07 had them fitted to pass then emision demands that changes every year then u need to eliminate them or else fitting a pcIII is point less coz they fuel added by the pcIII settings will be picked up by the lambda probes telling the ecu that the engine is running to rich and reduse the amount of full added

mine should be eliminated or disconneted ,if they are just disconneted then that's the reason my fi light is flaching and if i hook them back up then the pcIII and the dyno is wasted mony, may as well take the thinking cap on and find a way to cheat the ecu so it still reads the lamda input like a static 1v signal like most car's uses ok now im just rambling

Last edited by Nickzx10; 04-25-2008 at 11:53 AM.
post #7 of 10 Old 04-25-2008, 12:15 PM
BANNED

Posting Frequency

Accoding to what I have read on Dynojets website, installation of a PC3 on a Eurobike with Lamda probes requires dynojets part to eliminate the lamda probe. Most likely that is why the FI light is flashing if the Servo is still connected. O2 sensor eliminators I belive is what they called.

US bikes don't come with the probes.

They have to disconnect the probes when they hook up PC3 for reason you describe above, then you get flashiling light without the 02 sensor eliminators. Go to DJ website and buy the O2 sensor eliminators, or put a piece of black tape over flashing light and forget about it.

JJ

Last edited by JimmyJam; 04-25-2008 at 12:17 PM.
post #8 of 10 Old 04-25-2008, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

going with the tape solution for now
post #9 of 10 Old 04-25-2008, 01:33 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatiryder89 View Post
I believe on the Euro models the FI light does flash because they are equiped with O2 or Lambda sensors. I believe Akra makes a lambda simulator that tricks the ecu to thinking everythings ok. I'm not sure but I'm think other Euro members could chime in and give you some more info.
I don't think the Euro models come with Lambda sensors, i'm not sure about the 06-07, but i know for sure that my 04 doesn't have one, and the 08 that i expect to be delivered to me on Tuesday doesn't have also.

SPEED KILLS, BUY A HONDA ...

Ride on folks...
post #10 of 10 Old 04-25-2008, 02:05 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

06-07 models do come with Lambda sensors I know that for sure. 04-05 do not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in