FAIRING QUESTION! Buddy Railed my bike with his X5 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 07-28-2010, 01:40 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to danzx78
FAIRING QUESTION! Buddy Railed my bike with his X5

Hey if anyone has ever boughten fairing kits off of ebay before I would like to know how the fairing kits turned out? Any Feedback is Appreciated... Here is the Link. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Kawasaki-Ninja-ZX10R-04-05-ZX-10R-2004-2005-ABS-fairing-/260639642454?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Acc essories&hash=item3caf555356#ht_6312wt_1080 Thanks Guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-28-2010, 01:46 AM
welds like he has palsy

Posting Frequency

Never bought any, but a lot of people who've bought the Chinese stuff says fit and finish is shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green10 View Post
speakers on a zx10 is like shitting in your bathwater!!!
post #3 of 7 Old 07-28-2010, 02:12 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

My friend bought some from ebay, AuctMarts I believe and I think they have a website. I definitely wouldnt buy ANYTHING from anyone who thinks there is an 03 zx10. If they dont know the years, they usually dont know how to make it either. The fairings he got from Auctmarts were pretty good. Obviously had to fiddle with them to get them on, but didnt have to drill any addition holes. Good thing about them is you can get any paint color by asking them, and they dont add extra fees. He paid around $550 shipped which is what they will do if you email them and ask them

"The world is made of two types of people: riders and everyone else. In a country full of lawsuits, threat levels, child proof caps, rules and regulations, owning a motorcycle is one of the last ways to give the middle finger to society's expectation that we constantly be caged and protected. We all want our machines to be a representation of ourselves. Those that ride know being on a motorcycle is not just about getting from point A to B."
John Zamora - Super Streetbike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 07-28-2010, 05:17 AM
Licensed Dist of HaterAde

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to TMY10ER
I've had my fair share of installing these and some went smooth, others were a major PITA BUT the one thing everyone always forgets about or doesn't think about is having to get the tank painted to match the fairings!!!!!!! the ones i've installed though were good quality parts AND paint work. for the price, i would say it's worth the gamble. best of luck and think about that tank.

Take a risk, and you may lose. Never risk, and you will always lose.

post #5 of 7 Old 07-28-2010, 05:49 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMY10ER View Post
I've had my fair share of installing these and some went smooth, others were a major PITA BUT the one thing everyone always forgets about or doesn't think about is having to get the tank painted to match the fairings!!!!!!! the ones i've installed though were good quality parts AND paint work. for the price, i would say it's worth the gamble. best of luck and think about that tank.
I did one for a R-6,went smooth,had to repaint the fuel tank to match.

PC3,quick shifter,Attack rearset,Rifleman 1/5 throttle,16t frt.40t rear,Ti Force full system,CRG levers,speedo healer Gpr dampner,Continental Attack Race tire
post #6 of 7 Old 07-28-2010, 06:00 AM
Licensed Dist of HaterAde

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to TMY10ER
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1madkaw View Post
I did one for a R-6,went smooth,had to repaint the fuel tank to match.
And one thing i'd like to mention is that i'm NOT badmouthing these fairings....hell, i'm all about getting the best bang for the buck AND a note to the OP MR. danzx78....if you end up getting the west fairings in the link then you can probably just get either a black or pearl black tank ot have yours painted the solid color instead of having to worry about any graphics or vinyl. i'd like to see them when you're done bro......... the one set that really sticks with me because of the hell we had getting them on was a set of red bull or telefonica fairings for an 02' gixxer 600, tail and nose went on without a hitch but it seriously took us about 3 hours, countless extra holes to be drilled and a buttload of zip ties to get those suckers on. but i've put them on 600/1000rr's, R1's quite a few gixxers, a ZX6 and most went without too much of a headache and cussing involved. hell if it were me, i'd give em a shot. and even if you have to repaint the tank, put that on top of what the fairings ran you and you're probably still under/around half what a set of OEMers would cost ya.

Take a risk, and you may lose. Never risk, and you will always lose.

post #7 of 7 Old 07-30-2010, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to danzx78
Damn thanks for all the help guys! Ill be purchasing a set of fairings this weekend and ill post up some before after pics. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in