Factory Pro Velocity Stacks install? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 12-21-2009, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Factory Pro Velocity Stacks install?

I'm attempting to install the stacks and for the life of me I can't get the stacks into the aftermarket boots once the boot is in the stock boot clamp. Factory Pro's instructions are vague and if anyone has any tips I'd appreciate it greatly. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 12-21-2009, 01:25 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

use some soap it will help to lubricate the boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjeR View Post
I'm glad I'm a stripper, the money keeps coming in! lol
post #3 of 13 Old 12-21-2009, 02:14 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Are you sure you got stacks for the first gen and not the second gen? Stacks are slightly different in size between the two.

Marchesini Magnesiums,Nassert beet,kawi cam,.45 headgasket,DJ PC/Ig.M/QS,velocity stacks,bmc race,gipro,sato rearsets,helibars,throttlemeisters,pazzo shorties,speedohealer,520 renthal sprockets,penske 8393 double clicker,traxxion dynamic springs,scotts stabilizer,lsl frame sliders,cox radiator guard,powerbronze hugger,puig DB,solo seat cover,Valentine1,dual low beam projectors,55w.hids, brembo superbike rotors,Goodridge superbike lines,nissin calipers and rizoma mirrors,mda123 battery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 12-21-2009, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt ninja View Post
Are you sure you got stacks for the first gen and not the second gen? Stacks are slightly different in size between the two.
Valid point. The website doesn't have model specific part numbers. The engraved number on the tall stacks is V45.3-60 if anyone can varify the model. If not hopefully their open this week.

Just did a google search and got a list of German websites relating that part number to a GSX-R 1000 so I might have a slight problem.

Last edited by 05pearlmagma10r; 12-21-2009 at 08:19 PM.
post #5 of 13 Old 12-21-2009, 08:21 PM
Gone

Posting Frequency

mine were really stiff too mate...
i put the rubber boots in the 'figure of eight' oe clamps first then used lots and lots of wd-40 to press them in...
as in put base on the floor and press down on the stacks with your palms as you wiggle them in. once half in get a srcrewdriver aswell to help ease the rubber boots up & around the stacks' bases. time and patience thats all. i thought something was up too when i first tried to install them.
post #6 of 13 Old 12-21-2009, 08:46 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony83 View Post
mine were really stiff too mate...
i put the rubber boots in the 'figure of eight' oe clamps first then used lots and lots of wd-40 to press them in...
as in put base on the floor and press down on the stacks with your palms as you wiggle them in. once half in get a srcrewdriver aswell to help ease the rubber boots up & around the stacks' bases. time and patience thats all. i thought something was up too when i first tried to install them.
Thanks I was losing my mind. Last time I checked I wasn't this inept.
post #7 of 13 Old 12-23-2009, 03:43 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

you can also try warming the rubber up before putting soap on it. depending on the rubber somtimes it makes it a little more plyable
post #8 of 13 Old 12-23-2009, 04:08 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Did you have any luck? If not when I get home I can check my stacks since the bike is taken down for winter maintence.

2004 ZX-10R - Powder coated Kawasaki green wheels, attack performance bars, PC III, Ivans GRE, vortex front sprocket, vortex cat 5 black rear sprocket, vortex rear sets, RK 525 green chain, galfer ss brake lines, custom frame sliders & and swing arm spools, BMC air filter, Scorpion street extreme exhaust, DB screen, Green integrated tail light kit, OEM seat cowl, speedohealer v4, Factory Pro velocity stacks.
post #9 of 13 Old 12-19-2014, 10:48 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

I bought my bike with all shorts in it and I was thinking about installing the to taller ones in the middle to help mid& low range power. How much re tuning will I need to do?
post #10 of 13 Old 01-04-2015, 09:58 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

so found out from factory Pro that using 4 short pipes has a negative effect on overall power so I put the to longer ones in the middle and now I have a set of velocity stacks for sale
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in