Extended Swingarms - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 12-29-2004, 08:11 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Extended Swingarms

I just sent a stock swingarm that I bought off of ebay to Spencer Cycle (Doug Ray) to have it extended. I'm a die-hard drag racer and just bought this ZX10R a week ago and already getting it ready for the upcomming season. I've got the lowering links,bought a stock seat from ebay and took the cover and foam off to get down lower, Mirror eliminators, Front end strap, Steering damper, 15/42 gearing, Power Commander USB, Akropovic full exhaust, and going to intall a Dry Shot of NOS here this weekend. Just wondering if anyone is making a lock-up clutch for this bike yet? I'm going to leave the head gasket alone because of using NOS. This will help keep the compression down. I will post pictures as the bike develops. Any help would be appreciated! Sincerely, Kenny Davis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 12-29-2004, 08:15 PM
MIA Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Wecome and good luck. There's a few people considering the dry shot on the forum. Keep us posted with your results and experience getting it work.
post #3 of 8 Old 12-29-2004, 08:39 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

https://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4488

check out this video stock wheelbase turning low 9's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 12-29-2004, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

It looks like a snap! I've already been into the air box and decided where to mount the fogger. I've got several bike that I have a dry shot on. 02,ZX12R-03 Hayabusa, 02 GSXR-1000 motor stuffed into a 600 frame. The 600/1000 is my street racer. I run a 5lb. bottle that mounts in front of the tire and intimidates most anyone... The only problem I see with the 10 is mounting the Wide Open Micro Switch to the throttle linkage. It is in the middle of the throttle bodies and very tight fit. The air box was a real bitch to get out for the first time. I actually took a file and shaved off some plastic off of the sides to make it go back in alot smoother. Anyone installing a power commander will have to remove the airbox to get to those same wire connectors.
post #5 of 8 Old 12-30-2004, 11:25 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Muzzys will be offering extended swingarms soon. Just incase anyone is interested.

They should have an air shifter kit out by spring too..
post #6 of 8 Old 12-30-2004, 03:00 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Drag Stuff

Thanks Ryan! I'm looking for a air shift cylinder bracket much like what Doug makes at Spencer Cycle but for the zx10r. Not having much luck. I don't want to really tap the frame like I did back in the old days. I've got brackets for all my other bikes and would like to keep this one as clean. If anyone has already installed a air shifter on their bike please send me a Pic. I'd like to see any other options. I've already got all the stuff except the bracket itself. I just use a regulator fed from my NOS tank to feed the air shift system. It works great and saves space and no need for air tank in swingarm or extra bottle.
Ryan, I know most of the stuff you deal with Muzzy is pretty confidential. But have you tried any different clutch set up as far as Heavy springs, Clutch Stack height, etc.? I'm a very big guy 6ft. 255lbs. Heavy Hitter Club. I need all the help I can get!! Can't afford to smoke Crack!! Spend all my money on bikes and parts... Sincerely, Kenny Davis
post #7 of 8 Old 01-01-2005, 10:53 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I don't know of any brackets out there yet... but some should be out soon.

I always used stock clutch packs and springs. Never had any problems.
post #8 of 8 Old 01-01-2005, 10:28 PM
Certified SLOW

Posting Frequency

Good luck man, keep us posted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in