exhaust valve servo removal 08+ - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 08-13-2010, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

exhaust valve servo removal 08+

Has anyone removed the servo motor for the exhaust valve on 08+ 10's.....without buying the little plug from who ever sells it...???..Looking for a cheap DIY...dunno if a wire can be cut or a resistor put in...??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 08-13-2010, 08:17 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

First off SEARCH BUTTON and as far as a DIY.....:headshakenot so much.
post #3 of 11 Old 08-13-2010, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

it funny how you think I didnt search...I did....I searched for exhaust valve in the performance section AND the how to section...I did not find an ans to my question, so I posted this...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 08-13-2010, 08:28 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

i attempted this just by wiring a few resistor and it didnt work after the bike reached 7k rpm. there is a thread on kawiforums about it. some guy posted a "working" schematic. i tried that schematic too, to no avail.

ivan sells them for 110$ I think
post #5 of 11 Old 08-13-2010, 08:51 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK_ADAMS View Post
it funny how you think I didnt search...I did....I searched for exhaust valve in the performance section AND the how to section...I did not find an ans to my question, so I posted this...
I searched around for a thread that me and a couple other members tested a few ideas out for it, and could not find it............so I retract my statement. The reason a simple fix will not work is that the PCM looks for a whole range of resistances in the motors "sweep", so it requires a little more technology than just a simple resistor. I recommend just removing the cables and any excess (tabs and what not) from the servo itself and just stash it out of the way.
post #6 of 11 Old 08-13-2010, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by strkd50 View Post
I searched around for a thread that me and a couple other members tested a few ideas out for it, and could not find it............so I retract my statement. The reason a simple fix will not work is that the PCM looks for a whole range of resistances in the motors "sweep", so it requires a little more technology than just a simple resistor. I recommend just removing the cables and any excess (tabs and what not) from the servo itself and just stash it out of the way.

im really looking for a way to take it off without the $100 plug...im trying to take as much weight off the bike as I can...and im not using the exh valve....and yes, before anyone says it...I know it doesnt weigh much...but im taking ounces off from here and there to make this bike light as i can...im tight on money so the next best thing to do to a bike is weight off
post #7 of 11 Old 08-13-2010, 09:38 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Well, it's only going to through an F1 light....for racing that should not be a problem to remove the servo it's not going to cause performance issues and you have a separate oil light for major problems. Someone did a how-to on this site but not going to try and find it, it's controversial and maybe illegal copying Ivans if that's what it is.

bloo
post #8 of 11 Old 08-13-2010, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

so it doesnt throw the computer in any kind of safe mode if its unplugged and throws a code?
post #9 of 11 Old 08-13-2010, 09:55 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK_ADAMS View Post
so it doesnt throw the computer in any kind of safe mode if its unplugged and throws a code?
not on the other Gens....it's for opening the exhaust valve mostly for emmisions/noise but no performance gains leaving it on or off....so basically it's not related to any type of ECU mapping...you should be good to go.

bloo
post #10 of 11 Old 08-13-2010, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil View Post
not on the other Gens....it's for opening the exhaust valve mostly for emmisions/noise but no performance gains leaving it on or off....so basically it's not related to any type of ECU mapping...you should be good to go.

bloo
thank you much...off it comes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in