Gen 3: 2008-2010 Exhaust suggestions plz - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 08-25-2014, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
Squid
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 14
Posting Frequency
 
Exhaust suggestions plz

Hey guys I'm new on here. Just made the transition from Hondas to Kawi. Well I just picked up an 09 zx10r. It's completely stock. I want to find a full exhaust system along with a power commander. Which do you Kawi guys use for these bikes? I'm looking for something that produces pretty good power and pretty loud and sounds mean at idle and when I'm on the throttle :). Any suggestions. Also I'm willing to buy new of used if you know anyone!! Thanks!
Novak7669 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 23 Old 08-25-2014, 02:27 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod
 
SkyDork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Wesley Chapel, FL
Posts: 13,532
Posting Frequency
           
Garage
Welcome to the party!

You want an LOR exhaust. So now we can end this thread.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes




SkyDork is offline  
post #3 of 23 Old 08-25-2014, 03:17 PM
Kawasaki Whisperer
 
MrMoto73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Pueblo Colorado
Posts: 1,687
Posting Frequency
   
Send a message via MSN to MrMoto73
There are two systems that I like in particular.... the first is the Micron Serpent system. It is extremely light and has a nice sound to it. The other is the Muzzy full system. Not sure which sounds meaner, I like them both. As for power, they both sorta felt the same to me when I did track days with them on the bikes. The Micron system seemed to help more with top end power, Muzzy was more towards mid upper range. I also like Akropovic, but I have the slip on. Not sure what the full system would do but it is loud as hell when you get on the throttle. My wife says when I drove by her in the car it made her ears ring and she was cussing me out when she reached the stop light.
MrMoto73 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 23 Old 08-25-2014, 03:36 PM
GP Star
 
Teeks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Green Bay Wi
Posts: 2,823
Posting Frequency
      
Muzzy and Micron.....did I just time warp back to 2004??


Skydork is right!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Op- View Post
Unless Scout says dont do it. Then, really, just do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by or10r View Post
I know its blistering fast but you cant outrun ugly.
Teeks is offline  
post #5 of 23 Old 08-25-2014, 03:57 PM
Squid
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 3
Posting Frequency
 
I use an sp engineering,sounds great with single screw baffle out
HE11 ZXR is offline  
post #6 of 23 Old 09-01-2014, 03:51 AM
Kawasaki Whisperer
 
MrMoto73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Pueblo Colorado
Posts: 1,687
Posting Frequency
   
Send a message via MSN to MrMoto73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeks View Post
Muzzy and Micron.....did I just time warp back to 2004??


Skydork is right!!
Oldies but goodies!

I do own two gen1's so guess you could say I'm stuck in the past.
MrMoto73 is offline  
post #7 of 23 Old 09-01-2014, 07:56 AM
GP Star
 
Shift_Nashville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,653
Posting Frequency
      
You want a slip on or full system?

Have you seen the competition werkes? Looks great, sounds great, price is great, many different color options, made in the USA...


Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedinseattle View Post
i could give two shits if you were taking a bubble bath in applesauce being fed grapes by lemurs with electrodes attached to your nipples in the bed of a semi truck, as long as you're not holding up traffic, go for it
Shift_Nashville is offline  
post #8 of 23 Old 09-01-2014, 07:58 AM
GP Star
 
Shift_Nashville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,653
Posting Frequency
      
Honestly you just need to research yourself...there's alot of info on this site. How much you looking to spend?
If money is no issue, Austin racing, racefit, akra...

If you want loud but cheap, two brothers


Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedinseattle View Post
i could give two shits if you were taking a bubble bath in applesauce being fed grapes by lemurs with electrodes attached to your nipples in the bed of a semi truck, as long as you're not holding up traffic, go for it
Shift_Nashville is offline  
post #9 of 23 Old 09-01-2014, 09:47 AM Thread Starter
Squid
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 14
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDork View Post
Welcome to the party!

You want an LOR exhaust. So now we can end this thread.
LOR just makes a slip on for the zx10. I already looking into that one. I'm looking for full.
Novak7669 is offline  
post #10 of 23 Old 09-01-2014, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
Squid
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 14
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMoto73 View Post
There are two systems that I like in particular.... the first is the Micron Serpent system. It is extremely light and has a nice sound to it. The other is the Muzzy full system. Not sure which sounds meaner, I like them both. As for power, they both sorta felt the same to me when I did track days with them on the bikes. The Micron system seemed to help more with top end power, Muzzy was more towards mid upper range. I also like Akropovic, but I have the slip on. Not sure what the full system would do but it is loud as hell when you get on the throttle. My wife says when I drove by her in the car it made her ears ring and she was cussing me out when she reached the stop light.
The guy from the Kawi shop told me to get a muzzy but I thought he was just trying to sell me something. My cousin had the full micron system on his r6 and it sounded pretty good but as for power I'm not sure. I also thought about akropovic but I can't find too many reviews for my bike for that exhaust
Novak7669 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gen 3: Decat/ Exhaust questions and suggestions harobikes167 Performance and Tech 9 11-30-2015 06:20 AM
Gen 3: Suggestions for exhaust upgrade Beanbag Performance and Tech 14 06-06-2011 06:56 PM
HELP: Exhaust suggestions, favoring GP style OrangeShirtDude The ZX-10R 31 08-19-2009 10:23 AM
looking for suggestions on exhaust. jwzx10r Performance and Tech 8 08-05-2008 02:27 PM
Exhaust Suggestions for 05 zx6r? dragonzkin ZX-6R & ZX-6RR Archives 10 08-12-2007 01:02 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome