Gen 4: 2011-2015 Everyone's preference - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 06-28-2014, 05:38 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Everyone's preference

Simple question i am planning on getting my ECU flash first then a PCV second then get a QS now which route should i go with the either the secondary fuel module or ignition module or should i just get the quick shifter expansion module everyone's input would be greatly appreciate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 06-28-2014, 07:21 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Not saying this is the best or worst way, this is just what I did...I flashed my ECU, and put the tune directly on the flash. For the QS, I'm using the Bazzaz QS4. No PCV needed for me. As for flashing options, there's a bunch threads already on here that can answer any questions you have about that. Hopefully that helps you out a little bit.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #3 of 21 Old 06-28-2014, 07:27 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
Ivan or guhl

For flash !!!!

The Truth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 Old 06-28-2014, 07:53 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech5 View Post
Ivan or guhl

For flash !!!!
Whats wrong with ZX10RArcher https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=218786 ?

I found it to be very helpful and really woke the bike up. The price is right also.
post #5 of 21 Old 06-28-2014, 07:54 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

His new thread for a core exchange program:
https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=234769
post #6 of 21 Old 06-28-2014, 10:46 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
Lack experience
Does this on side using whoolich kit ripping that company off
Can't wait when they lock their product from people doing this
He is not a tuner and someone playing with a ecu with no experience is dangerous to any computer

I rather but from someone that does this full time
Has the training and knowledge of what a computer does and fuel and timing
Someone who is a mechAnic not some person thinks they know something

I remember this person knew nothing months back and asked questions and research and now charges people for service

It's just not my cup of tea
Ivan's been doing this since 98 and guhl even longer

Trust experience and knowledge that is why your paying extra

Do you go to flea markets for tattoos ?
Never mind don't answer that lol

The Truth
post #7 of 21 Old 06-28-2014, 11:12 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Lack experience
Does this on side using whoolich kit ripping that company off
Can't wait when they lock their product from people doing this
He is not a tuner and someone playing with a ecu with no experience is dangerous to any computer

I rather but from someone that does this full time
Has the training and knowledge of what a computer does and fuel and timing
Someone who is a mechAnic not some person thinks they know something

I remember this person knew nothing months back and asked questions and research and now charges people for service

It's just not my cup of tea
Ivan's been doing this since 98 and guhl even longer

Trust experience and knowledge that is why your paying extra

Do you go to flea markets for tattoos ?
Never mind don't answer that lol

He is authorized by Woolich to do it, so how is that ripping Woolich off?

Now your going to reply, oh.....I didn't know that.

The rest of your post is nonsense as well.

Until Ivan got his "flash kit" about 3 months ago he was farming all his shit out to Don Ghul.

Looking for great computer expertise? Look no further than the 3rd grader who built Ivan's website lol.
post #8 of 21 Old 06-28-2014, 12:13 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelenaP View Post
He is authorized by Woolich to do it, so how is that ripping Woolich off?

Now your going to reply, oh.....I didn't know that.

The rest of your post is nonsense as well.

Until Ivan got his "flash kit" about 3 months ago he was farming all his shit out to Don Ghul.

Looking for great computer expertise? Look no further than the 3rd grader who built Ivan's website lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedinseattle View Post
i could give two shits if you were taking a bubble bath in applesauce being fed grapes by lemurs with electrodes attached to your nipples in the bed of a semi truck, as long as you're not holding up traffic, go for it
post #9 of 21 Old 06-28-2014, 12:36 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift_Nashville View Post

Well, Archer and ZX Sikr both bought a license from Woolich to use Woolich's kit to flash ECUs on this board.

Woolich is 100% OK with what their doing. So is this site.

So they are not ripping off Woolich like Tech5 claims.
post #10 of 21 Old 06-28-2014, 04:34 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

What flash do you have on your bike Tech5?

I usually stay out of these, but since Tech5 wants to continue to try and dirty my name... here we go.

Quote:
Can you cut the fans on at 195?
Top speed limiter removed ?
Added rpms ?
What all can you do ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX10RArcher View Post
Thought I had all that on the first post... Guess not, I'll have to update that tonight. Thanks for the heads up.

Fans? No... I cannot do that. I have requested that on Justin's site.
Top speed limiter? Yes.
Rev limiter? Adjust to your spec.
Turn TC off on the fly? Yes.
Keeps last TC setting? Yes.
Remove fuel cut? Yes.
Remove exhaust servo motor? Yes.
Remove O2 sensor? Yes. Not a big deal for North American bikes. At least not on the 11-14s... Haven't seen a 15 yet but I've heard (pure speculation) they will come with O2 sensors stateside this year.
Pair valve FI removal? Kind of... I bundle a bypass plug that will allow you to remove the pair valve without getting an FI light.

That's in conjunction with the two different flashes I offer:
1) a 1:1 complete copy of the Euro ECU (sans immobilizer); includes the euro STP positions and the ~6 across the top end
2) More aggressive with the STP positions opening them sooner and holding them open until redline as well as an extra degree of timing in the top end. This flash also comes with your choice of slip on, full exhaust or no fueling changes. This flash would be comparable to what Guhl offers.
Quote:
Thanks man, sign me up
Pm me details get this rolling
On shipping and getting this out to you this week
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX10RArcher View Post
You've got a PM.
Wow... changed your tune pretty quick... From wanting to get your ECU flashed by me to saying I don't know what I'm doing and pretty much slamming numbers into an ECU...

Wonder why that was...
https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=233753

Oh could it be I pointed out someone to an ECU on sale on eBay for $290 over yours that was for sale for $400 and wasn't even available anymore? Like I mentioned there, I sent Stangs (Larry) your way when his ECU went tits up. I even contemplated buying your ECU to add to my stock for my exchange service. Just couldn't bring myself to pay $400 for an ECU when they were going for $200-300 at the time on eBay. Not my place to question your pricing; hence I never mentioned anything. Until now. But you should totally understand wanting to get the best deal... you've been haggling Damien about the R&G rear sets asking his lowest dollar over and over. I even pointed that out in the thread above. So why you got your panties in a twist over me trying to save someone money, especially on an ECU not available anymore, is beyond me. Ever since then you've been dragging my name through the mud, despite how much of an asshole you've been to me in the past. You were pretty adamant that you
Quote:
WILL remember that when i want to have my ecu flashed....
If you knew anything, WRT has the limitations in place for nearly a year that keep people from reselling ECUs making profit off of their work. They've had this in place for some time. So if you're not authorized on WRT's end to be doing mutliple ECUs, it's not happening or else you have to buy a new set of keys for $100 after every 3 ECUs. But I guess I don't know anything either being one of the first people, along with Selena, to have the kits for over a year now. So whoever you're getting me confused with as not knowing anything a month ago and now offering these for sale, you're confused. Maybe with how I am now a site sponsor and paying to be a site sponsor to offer commercial services and be in accordance with site rules?

I don't know why you've been an asshole to me in the past, telling people to pass on my ECU flashes when I started doing them on eBay. I've let everything slide and let bygones be bygones.

But now you're calling me out saying I don't know shit... well here we go.

I have an AAS in aviation electronics systems, BAS in electronics engineering and am trying to finish up another BAS in computer science in what little free time I have. That is on top of the eight years of military service in the Air Force working on component level maintenance on avionic systems including COMM/NAV/GAC/FDI and other subsystems on every single aircraft in the Air Force inventory sans the F15... Also I have worked for Honeywell Aerospace as a systems design engineer designing, modifying, testing, building and troubleshooting aircraft ECUs for engines Honeywell produces. My main claim to fame was the F124 ECU which is primarily used in Aermacchi M346 as well as the X45. I also dilly dallied in the 737/731/777/767 later on in their product lifespans. We designed and built the ECUs in Tucson and sent them up to Phoenix where the engines were built and the two were "married" and then sent as a pair, or bundles of pairs depending on the application, to the manufacture who built the aircraft. That required us to go up to Phoenix several times to monitor run ups and engine testing to adjust our parameters. I mainly dealt with hardware but still had to know the software side (both application software and operation software) so if changes were needed they could passed on to the software guys so our verification/approval process could be completed and a new software rev as well as technical documentation distributed down the chain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in