Euro Install: Easiest Way to Re-install Inner Liner Under Headlight? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 12-28-2005, 11:54 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Question Euro Install: Easiest Way to Re-install Inner Liner Under Headlight?

Does somebody have a tip or easiest way to re-install the inner black liner under the headlight? I've been trying to install these dang CA front signals for an hour and I can't get the dang inner liner back on. I don't know which side to line up first so if anybody has done this install please give me some tips...otherwise I'm gonna trailer this sucker over to my shop.

P.S. I wish there was a "how to install Flush signals" with pics on this site but there isn't yet. I would attempt to do one now, but I loaned my camera to a friend a couple weeks ago

Last edited by IcePick06; 12-28-2005 at 11:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 12-28-2005, 11:58 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

i dunno mang, i didnt remove those pieces to install mine, just remvoed the 3 screws holdin them on and poped em out.

do u have ur lowers removed and the mids?
post #3 of 19 Old 12-29-2005, 12:20 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by projekZERO
i dunno mang, i didnt remove those pieces to install mine, just remvoed the 3 screws holdin them on and poped em out.

do u have ur lowers removed and the mids?
Well, Good news is I finally got the dang liner back on, I just needed someone to hold it while I screwed the back part on cuz it kept movin'. Yes, I removed the mids, but not the lowers. I guess I didn't even need to remove the mids huh? Well, at least I know now for the other side . Thanks Zero
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 Old 12-29-2005, 12:27 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

yeah i just loosened the mids from the upper to give the the room the wedge em out
post #5 of 19 Old 12-29-2005, 12:38 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I took off the mids and took out the three screws on the inner to take off my signals to the euros.

Also if you didn't see it in another post, pre screw in those back screws before installing to make it easier..
post #6 of 19 Old 12-29-2005, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

What is This?

Ok, guys when I took one of the allen head screws off of the inner panel, this thing fell out. i'm not sure what it is and I couldn't figure out where it went so I reinstalled everything and left it off. Can somebody tell me what this is and how important it is? Nothing like this fell off when I did the other side. It looks like it may have been extra padding between the panel and mids?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00296.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	10109  

Last edited by IcePick06; 12-29-2005 at 04:05 PM.
post #7 of 19 Old 12-29-2005, 04:11 PM
Still here

Posting Frequency

You now have the piece used in this mod:
https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15355

by project zero
"Also I found a bendable tab that wasnt being used when I installed my euros. It was completely straight and not holding anything so when I installed the euro's I removed it but held onto it. Well it came in handy cause in the next pic you can see how i used it to hold the harness out of the way. Looks factory!"

Sarah Palin and friends can call it a snow machine all they want but Yamaha, Polaris and Bombardier plus the related magazines all seem to call them Snowmobiles.

Snow machines create snow on ski slopes. Just sayin'
post #8 of 19 Old 12-29-2005, 04:24 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

see now i dont hae to take a pic of the tab
post #9 of 19 Old 12-29-2005, 05:37 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

That thing is supposed to hold your wires out of the way of something. I dunno what but I remember keeping all of my wires on one side it for some reason. It's been awhile since I had it apart, sorry.

green 10r, Akro EVO 2, Hyperpro rsc, tre, pcIII, Puig DB, K&N, Purvision HIDs, Speedohealer, GONE

08 Ducati Hypermotard S GONE

08 Kawi Concours 14, Area P full sys, PCV, Flies out
post #10 of 19 Old 12-29-2005, 06:01 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak
That thing is supposed to hold your wires out of the way of something. I dunno what but I remember keeping all of my wires on one side it for some reason. It's been awhile since I had it apart, sorry.

I live my life a quarter-pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, im free. I need FRIESSSS! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didnt blow a seam on your nugget box.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in