4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 07-21-2018, 10:44 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Engine Protection/Slide Protection

I was looking for engine/slide protection and I've fallen in love with these:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/113065017639

Now, obviously those won't fit, but is there anything similar for a 2016+ (or 2018) ZX-10R?

As you can tell, I like to gussy up my bikes and planned to continue the same with my new 10R:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 07-22-2018, 06:14 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Be careful purchasing products from Ebay or similar sites. They look good but often are cheaply made and do not fit. Nothing against China, but the products are NOT a perfect fit and are not the best quality. I suggest purchasing RG Racing covers from their website or from Cycle Gear or DennisKirk. They also offer other brands. You'll know your getting the best quality and they will address any issue immediately. If you love your ZX10 as much as I do...you'll want the best for her. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
ddipaola and gskidmor like this.
post #3 of 13 Old 07-22-2018, 02:59 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

woodcraft for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 07-22-2018, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by naasir1229 View Post
Be careful purchasing products from Ebay or similar sites. They look good but often are cheaply made and do not fit. Nothing against China, but the products are NOT a perfect fit and are not the best quality. I suggest purchasing RG Racing covers from their website or from Cycle Gear or DennisKirk. They also offer other brands. You'll know your getting the best quality and they will address any issue immediately. If you love your ZX10 as much as I do...you'll want the best for her. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I agree. I've put on the R&G front axle and rear sliders and the Yoshimora (sp?) engine sliders!

I get that most things out of china aren't what most would consider top quality, but most should work for one crash. 99% of my time is spent on the highway, so the above should work there.
post #5 of 13 Old 07-22-2018, 04:49 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Well, that was terrible grammar. I've put on R&G sliders and Yoshimura sliders, but I love the look of the ones I referenced above.
post #6 of 13 Old 07-22-2018, 04:59 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

so I just looked at the woodcraft covers and they're actually quite sharp and have the colored skid pads. I may actually go in that direction!
post #7 of 13 Old 07-22-2018, 07:04 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by gskidmor View Post
I agree. I've put on the R&G front axle and rear sliders and the Yoshimora (sp?) engine sliders!

I get that most things out of china aren't what most would consider top quality, but most should work for one crash. 99% of my time is spent on the highway, so the above should work there.

in the past ive gone down twice with cheap $35 chinese sliders and both times they functioned very well, prevented a lot of damage... obviously still had damage but not nearly as bad as it would be without them.. they didnt hurt the frame, and they didnt rip off or pull out threads etc...i was pleasantly surprised.

i would never use chinese components for brakes or engine or other crucial stuff... but for some simple stuff its ok.
post #8 of 13 Old 07-22-2018, 10:55 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoadWarrior View Post
i would never use chinese components for brakes or engine or other crucial stuff... but for some simple stuff its ok.
This was my thought exactly! I really like the looks of the ones I posted above; that said, some of the woodcraft components I was looking at were sharp too. They weren't as nice looking as the others, but I'd still be happy with them.

And before you say it, I'm trying to get form and function - it can still look nice while doing its job.
TheRoadWarrior likes this.
post #9 of 13 Old 07-23-2018, 06:49 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I am looking at the oem case savers from the 10RR, they look great IMO.
post #10 of 13 Old 07-23-2018, 07:26 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
The OEM case savers look amazing. I considered getting them but ended up going with GB racing covers because those seemed to be (one of) the most widely used. You can also get replacement parts on the fly, and you get 3 covers vs 2 (with OEM). I am overall extremely satisfied. Super easy install. I'd rate Woodcraft sliders > GB but the woodcraft sliders are super expensive. Replacement WC slide pads are probably cheaper than replacing an entire GB cover at the end of the day though.

When in doubt... send it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in