Engine out, what parts should I replace? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 07-21-2007, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Engine out, what parts should I replace?

Hey guys,

My engine will be coming out very shortly and the lower cases and bearings are being replaced for warranty.

Just wanted to check if there is anything else I should replace inside the engine for piece of mind while this is getting done, instead of having to do it a little bit further down the track, eg. retainers, cam chain tensioner etc? I dont really know to much about engine insides and what I should be replacing, these examples are just what I can remember from other posts.

When this happens I already will be degreeing cams, thin head gasket, and race intake cam, bike already has all the other bolt on fast bits.

Thanks
Rhys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-22-2007, 11:24 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Nothing in particular. Your service tech will tell you what he wants to replace. If the crank bearings were toasted you may want to replace your oil pump, also the oil pickup screen for sure, but probably they are planning this already. It's worth it to check the thickness of your clutch fibers, but again the wrench should do this without prompting. good luck, Dean
post #3 of 4 Old 07-23-2007, 03:04 AM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Thanks for that
There replacing the lower cases because I was unlucky and ended up with a porous casting. I had a very small leak of coolant when bike was really hot just behind number 1 cyclinder on the lower case, a small drop would appear straight out of the metal. Anyhow dealer has been very helpful taking care of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 07-23-2007, 08:50 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Funny you should mention that. I had the exact same problem in my '05 Ti. The dealer and Kawasaki both told me to go pound sand, even though the bike was less than 2 weeks old. It was a Kawasaki demo bike with 4000 miles on it. It had never been titled. I bought it as-is. No warranty, no assistance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in