Gen 3: 2008-2010 Ecu flash - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Boxtradamus

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 08-26-2019, 10:43 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Ecu flash

I just had my ecu flashed and the company that did it didn’t ask about block off plates so when I got it back I installed the plates as well and when I fired the bike up I got an FI code. How do I get rid of the code?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-26-2019, 11:15 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
Lol... I just tripped a code too when I reinstalled mine. Not sure what I did, wish I knew but itís easy to clear. First of all you need to know if they disabled the air injection, I would assume they did, if they didnít youíll need to leave the pump plugged in or get a eliminator to plug in or jump it with a resistor. Any way, another member on here had a good post on how to clear the codes and I did what he said, but here it is:
You need to satisfy the following requirements, start bike, let it idle for 30 seconds, drive bike for 10 minutes, 5 of the minutes need to be above 25 mph. Then repeat three times in a row.
The following is what I did and it worked the very first time, youíll need a good 30 mile stretch of road, I live on the edge of town so I used the freeway at night (no traffic) here goís:
1.Pulled over on the on ramp and shut bike off.
2. Started bike and let it idle for 35 seconds ( need 30 but i was counting in my head)
3. Drove bike between 50 and 60 mph for 12 minutes ( need 10 but i was using the clock on the dash, gave a cushion)
Then pull over and do it again, 3 times total. Then shut the bike off and when you turn it back on, poof, codes are gone if the problem is non existent.
Hope that helps!
post #3 of 5 Old 08-26-2019, 11:46 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
There are other variables as well, but that is how you clear codes. Not sure who flashed your ecu but normally their website will say what they do, you are also supposed to tell them what you want. If they disabled your o2 sensor you will need to unplug that, its on that little metal bracket behind the airbox on the right side of the bike, its easy to find, look at the wire colors and give it a tug, piece of cake. I would imagine your o2 sensor, evap canister, air injection and exhaust servo are eliminared. Depends who did it I guess. Iím assuming you put the bike back together and plugged everything back in correctly and didnít turn the key on with the tip over sensor not in place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 08-27-2019, 07:53 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

There is no pair valve disable for the Gen 3 flash for which this thread is titled. Only for Gen 4 and up.

You have 2 options, plugged the unused valve back into the wiring harness, or put a jumper wire into the socket in the wiring harness, yes a jumper wire, no resistor needed, just a shunt.
Mo Lasses likes this.
post #5 of 5 Old 08-27-2019, 10:50 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
Ahhh, my bad. Thats what I get for making assumptions without doing research. I figured that crap would be the same. My apologies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in