Gen 4: 2011-2015 Dynotronics reflash nightmare - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 89 Old 05-15-2012, 07:02 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Angry Dynotronics reflash nightmare

I am writing this to review my experience doing business with Joe at Dynotronics. I was intending on waiting until I got my 2nd ECU back, but unfortunately, I don't know if that'll happen. Don't worry, I'll explain. This goes back seven months, so I am going to try and make it short.

I have been a ZX10R.net member for a while. I have a couple Gen 4's. One for street, and one I've been building to race at Jennings. In the process I have attained a ton of knowledge from this site and its members, and truly appreciate every bit. After finding out about reflashing and reading about everyones positive comments and results, I wanted to reflash mine and have them both perform at their peak.

On October 11th 2011, I made my payment for two ECU's to be reflashed by Dynotronics. When I got them back, one worked fine and the other was giving me FI and Coolant warning lights. I ran the diagnostic and came up with the service code: (2d). I looked it up in the service manual and it was described as: (Air Intake Soleniod Valve Malfunction, wiring open or short). I read elsewhere in the book that this device is only on Euro models. I thought maybe it was flashed for a Euro spec bike. I asked Joe about it and he said "No, it was probably damaged by a voltage spike during the reflash process". To know for sure if it was the ECU or the bike, I swapped them, and sure enough the warning lights came on on the other bike. So I sent the damaged ECU back to Dynotronics, they held it for a while, sent it to Italy, and about 8 or 9 weeks later i get it back. It has the exact same issue. Joe said he'll replace it with a new (and reflashed) ECU. Then I can send him the damaged one and he would use it for a track bike.. or whatever.
Well, it's been over seven months and still no replacement. On top of this, when I have got in touch with Joe about it, he acts like I am bothering him. I'm met with nothing but excuses, blame passing, and "I'll get back to ya". He never returns any calls, messages or emails. He has been completely unprofessional and disrespectful during the entire process, taking no responsibility at all. It's like he want's me to forget about this and just disappear.. Well that's never going to happen.
As I've talked with him about me building this bike to track race at Jennings, and being a member of ZX10R.net, I cannot believe the level of disregard and neglect I have received from him.
I am only hoping to finally resolve this matter somehow. Until now, I have only tried to deal with Joe outside of ZX10R.net through phone and email to correct this. He is now completely avoiding me, and I am now left with a review on my experience in hopes that it'll change something for the better. Now I am reaching out to the ZX10R.net community in hopes that you can help me with this. I am just about out of options.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Last edited by STEALTH-FIGHTER; 05-15-2012 at 07:06 PM. Reason: fixing quotations
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 89 Old 05-15-2012, 07:20 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

That sucks man. I hope you get this resolved.

Guhl did mine ,and I could not be happier.
post #3 of 89 Old 05-15-2012, 07:38 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Joe at dynotronics has no idea how bad hes sabotaging his own business. :headshake.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 89 Old 05-15-2012, 07:42 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Thanks bro, I appreciate that. I really wish I would've went with Guhl Motors. At the time, i was actually on the fence over which one. I was reading about Garth's great experience with Guhl too. Think there were just more current comments on Dynotronics then, but I didn't see anything negative on either. Looks like I just made the wrong choice.
post #5 of 89 Old 05-15-2012, 08:49 PM
Speed Freak

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to garth285
Sorry to hear man, I have heard so many bad things about them and only good things from Guhl with the exception of someone who said guhl did something wrong but it looked like a keyboard rider and never had any truth in it.

Dynotronics should stay away from flashing ECU's if they cant do it right.

Guhl on the other hand is HANDS down the best choice for ECU flashing on the kawasaki's. He has a sterling track record and is CONSTANTLY messing with the ecu's to unlock more and more features.

Sorry to hear once again.
post #6 of 89 Old 05-15-2012, 09:00 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

What sucks the most is that so much time went by, you can't even report it to your cc to cancel the charge.
post #7 of 89 Old 05-15-2012, 09:18 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

What about ecuunleashed? They were mentioned in a motorcycle article "2012 literbikes comparison" or something to that affect. Anyone heard good or bad?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app
post #8 of 89 Old 05-15-2012, 09:25 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

From what I understand Guhl is the only one who actually reprograms the ECU, and Dynotronics just uploads a Euro spec map with mixed results. That must be why your ECU thinks its missing something the bike never had. Bummer deal.
post #9 of 89 Old 05-15-2012, 09:40 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Maybe we should all make an attempt once a week, to call and harass the fuck out of him? Not the grown up thing to do, but fuck it, it's fun once in awhile...
post #10 of 89 Old 05-15-2012, 10:19 PM
Formerly "TundraKaw"

Posting Frequency

I had my ECU flashed by Dynotronics with no issues, and the bike runs like a damn beast...but I've heard so many damn horror stories about him now that I doubt I would ever send my ECU back. I believe if I needed another re-flash or a tweak to the flash, I'd just pay Guhl for his services, the ONLY thing I've ever heard bad of Guhl is he is bad about not responding to emails...
Most of my decision between the two came from cheaper shipping overnight and back to Dynotronics vs Guhl, cause Dynotronics is way closer to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in