Dyno Shoot Out Q - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 07-19-2007, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Dyno Shoot Out Q

I am going to a Dyno Shoot out this weekend put on by a Harley dealership and they said they would let me enter my 10. The only problem is they said they have to beable to put an inductive clamp on a spark plug wire. Is there any way around that since I think our wires are little bit more concealed than a Harleys. Thanks Guys.

05' Ti ZX-10R, Cut down Yoshi, PCIII, Rifelman 1/5 Throttle, GPR Damper, BMC Race Filter, Champ Frame Sliders,GIpro ATRE, Pazzo Short Levers, Sato Rearsets, Pilot Powers, Driven Chain and Sprockets 520 +1 Rear -1 Front, Nissen Front Master Cylinder, Galfer Braided brake lines, Changed gauge cluster to red, Hot bodies undetail, Flush mount turn signals, But best Mod of all TRACK DAYS and Classes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-19-2007, 04:12 PM
FAF
Rent this space

Posting Frequency

You should be able to pick up a tach signal by clamping over the ECU wires.
post #3 of 8 Old 07-19-2007, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Right now I have a LM-1 Wide band O2 on there with an Aux input that reads RPMs off of a Injector wire. I just tapped into it and ran it under my Pass seat. Would that work? If so does the other end of the wire have to be connected to something?

05' Ti ZX-10R, Cut down Yoshi, PCIII, Rifelman 1/5 Throttle, GPR Damper, BMC Race Filter, Champ Frame Sliders,GIpro ATRE, Pazzo Short Levers, Sato Rearsets, Pilot Powers, Driven Chain and Sprockets 520 +1 Rear -1 Front, Nissen Front Master Cylinder, Galfer Braided brake lines, Changed gauge cluster to red, Hot bodies undetail, Flush mount turn signals, But best Mod of all TRACK DAYS and Classes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 07-19-2007, 05:23 PM
FAF
Rent this space

Posting Frequency

I dont think that will work, most of the clamping pickups just measure pulsewaves through a wire, you wont have any pulses there unless they directly connect it to a pickup , which they probably dont have.

I dont know off hand what color the tach feed wire is from the ecu but they should just clamp over that.

On the dyno's we use occasionally we just clamp over the whole ECU harness and pick up the feed that way, sometimes you will pickup 2 feeds for the coils and then you just recalibrate the software to display half the reading.
post #5 of 8 Old 07-19-2007, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Thanks for the info. I will look into the wiring for the tach and go from there. Thanks again.

post #6 of 8 Old 07-19-2007, 06:47 PM
FAF
Rent this space

Posting Frequency

If you use one of the wires from either 9 or 15 you will get a signal at the ECU , one is the cam sensor and the other is the crank trigger , you should be able to clamp over one of these two.

Click image for larger version

Name:	wiring.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	39307
post #7 of 8 Old 07-19-2007, 06:48 PM
FAF
Rent this space

Posting Frequency

It looks like Yellow/Red or Yellow/Black.
post #8 of 8 Old 07-20-2007, 10:18 AM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Thanks FAF. That really helps me out.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in