Dyno Jet Ignition Module - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 03-16-2008, 12:03 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to OneSLOW10
Dyno Jet Ignition Module

IS the Ignition Module worth it once combined with a full exhaust, filter and pc3? I hear it can tune each cylinder individually and add 4-5 hp. True? Worth it? The Good the Bad?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 03-16-2008, 12:10 AM
Speed Freak

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to garth285
yeah the ign modules are well worth the money as long as you get a good tuner...... you can tune each individual cyl with just a power commander alone with fuel, its just in the options menu......... worth quite a bit of hp!

one thing how do you have a 05 orange??? they only made orange in 04 did you change fairings or do you have the red? lol sorry...
post #3 of 9 Old 03-16-2008, 12:14 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

So having a Ignition Module helps tune the cylinders more precisely is what your saying. What kind of power output do you get when combined with the mods I listed? Are there any confirmed Dyno charts?

My BOP is A LOT different then the 04's. The 04's are god. My BOP is more of a RED shade, but its still consider BOP according to the title. Plus it's deff NOT Magma RED or w/e the RED is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 03-16-2008, 12:20 AM
Speed Freak

Posting Frequency

interesting..... well the ignition module allows you to fine tune the motors timing curve, advancing the timing will increase combustion efficiency and gain you horse power..... there actually should be no need to tune each individual cylinder the ECU knows to have a richer 2 and 3 cyl's and with the power commander your adding or taking away from all the cylinders equally unless you want to tune each cyl by its self but the only way to really tune it is to run a wideband 02 sensor in each exhaust pipe and that costs about 800 bux in data loggin equiptment alone..... is there any reason why you want to tune each cyl by its self?

I'm not sure on the exact amount of hp i gained on the power commander, i havent been on the dyno in a long time to expirement and i have forgotten what kinda hp i gained on the dyno but i can tell you tat in 2nd gear with no timing advance it will stay down and with timing advacne at about 8-9k rpm it lifts like theres no tomm, hows that for an ass dyno lol.....
post #5 of 9 Old 03-16-2008, 12:28 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I just read some where that tuning each cylinder allows for more power... No biggie I don't need to do all that. I just didn't want to spend the $250+ dollars on the module if it really wasn't a good horsepower to dollar ratio
post #6 of 9 Old 03-16-2008, 09:44 AM
Speed Freak

Posting Frequency

now that I gave you this info you should hook me up with one of your arkr's!!!! lol.....
post #7 of 9 Old 03-16-2008, 09:53 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Hey guys, Ive got a IgnModule with my PCIII, BMC, and Beet system. Ive got a map from dynojet for a full akra w/ filter currently. Before I go to have it tuned is there any adjustments that I can make to a/f ratio? Im afraid of running too lean/rich and causing engine damage... What about tuning the IgnModule, it uses stock ignition timing if nothing is loaded into the IgnModule. But is there a "map" for an '07 with the mods I have??
post #8 of 9 Old 03-16-2008, 09:58 AM
Speed Freak

Posting Frequency

you people with your beet exhaust make me sick!!!! just kiddin, im just jealous lol..... well with your mods I dont think anyone has messed with an ign module yet so there are probably no similar maps ya know...... tuning the ignition is a very custom thing as well soem bikes like timing in places others dont........ and tuning the ignition is something that you pretty much need a dyno for to see if the bike improves or looses power..... advancing the spark can cause detonation and its pretty hard to feel detonation on the street when you ar 12k+rpms ya know........ and yes your running a stock map on the ignition side they come with a "0" map in them from dynojet

as for rich/lean no real way to tell on the street as well unless you have a wideband data logger which records your air/fuel, throttle position and RPM.... ya never have to put the bike on the dyno again once you get these.... .well that is after you tune your ignition anyways....
post #9 of 9 Old 03-16-2008, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

let us know your dyno results with the ignition module. i want one, especially if there worth it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in