Dyno Graph showing Before / After runs with BST Carbon Fiber Wheels! - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 50 Old 07-20-2010, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
BANNED

Posting Frequency

Dyno Graph showing Before / After runs with BST Carbon Fiber Wheels!

xxx

Last edited by MagicMavis; 07-21-2010 at 06:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 Old 07-20-2010, 04:32 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

thats pretty cool!

BOOM!!! SHAKE AND BAKE
post #3 of 50 Old 07-20-2010, 04:38 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

As i always say... You da man!!! Ive been itching to see if i gained bigger numbers with my lighter wheels. Im still going to find out for myself.

Marchesini Magnesiums,Nassert beet,kawi cam,.45 headgasket,DJ PC/Ig.M/QS,velocity stacks,bmc race,gipro,sato rearsets,helibars,throttlemeisters,pazzo shorties,speedohealer,520 renthal sprockets,penske 8393 double clicker,traxxion dynamic springs,scotts stabilizer,lsl frame sliders,cox radiator guard,powerbronze hugger,puig DB,solo seat cover,Valentine1,dual low beam projectors,55w.hids, brembo superbike rotors,Goodridge superbike lines,nissin calipers and rizoma mirrors,mda123 battery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 50 Old 07-20-2010, 05:14 PM
1TP
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I think I could get ALOT more hp for $4000!
post #5 of 50 Old 07-20-2010, 08:00 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TP View Post
I think I could get ALOT more hp for $4000!
yup you can buy a turbo or supercharger and get a shit load more but your also getting better braking and handeling with the lighter wheels... The bling factor is nice as well.

Marchesini Magnesiums,Nassert beet,kawi cam,.45 headgasket,DJ PC/Ig.M/QS,velocity stacks,bmc race,gipro,sato rearsets,helibars,throttlemeisters,pazzo shorties,speedohealer,520 renthal sprockets,penske 8393 double clicker,traxxion dynamic springs,scotts stabilizer,lsl frame sliders,cox radiator guard,powerbronze hugger,puig DB,solo seat cover,Valentine1,dual low beam projectors,55w.hids, brembo superbike rotors,Goodridge superbike lines,nissin calipers and rizoma mirrors,mda123 battery.
post #6 of 50 Old 07-20-2010, 08:15 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Good post, thanks for the info.

Do you know if the "after" included ceramic bearings also?

'06 "Corn Burner" Edition ZX10R
w/ a lot of bolt-ons
PERFORMANCE CYCLE 2 Racing
post #7 of 50 Old 07-20-2010, 08:41 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Yeah....but doesn't it depend on the dyno type? ....I thought I read something in a test(mag) about doing a 520 conversion will show higher #s. I also did a dyno on my old zx9R with tight chain....operator said I lost about 3hp right there......just saying it maybe the same thing.

bloo
post #8 of 50 Old 07-20-2010, 09:40 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Remember HP is a calculated number. The lighter BST's showed a higher HP number because of less work required to rotate the wheel at said RPM. But to say it makes more power is a bit inaccurate. The engine still makes the same HP and Torque as stock. Just the numbers are skewed a bit due to the type of dyno and reduction in rotating mass.

2005 ZX10R Track Bike With Way To Much Sh*t On It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #9 of 50 Old 07-20-2010, 10:04 PM
Speed Freak

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to garth285
dont forget most all dynojet dynos are run under acceleration tests and not load testing. This is simply a matter of this dyno graph showing a bike on a acceleromter pretty much...

none the less I believe rims will let you release more hp but this is just another way to sell wheels, people love hp numbers....

thanks for the graph!
post #10 of 50 Old 07-20-2010, 10:09 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by garth285 View Post
dont forget most all dynojet dynos are run under acceleration tests and not load testing. This is simply a matter of this dyno graph showing a bike on a acceleromter pretty much...

none the less I believe rims will let you release more hp but this is just another way to sell wheels, people love hp numbers....

thanks for the graph!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatiryder89 View Post
Remember HP is a calculated number. The lighter BST's showed a higher HP number because of less work required to rotate the wheel at said RPM. But to say it makes more power is a bit inaccurate. The engine still makes the same HP and Torque as stock. Just the numbers are skewed a bit due to the type of dyno and reduction in rotating mass.
yep....pretty much what I was getting from both posts.....nice thread though just was trying to get into a little more perspective of what it means.

bloo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in