dyno correction factors - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 06-27-2010, 10:54 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

dyno correction factors

can anyone give me the correction factor for these conditions?
93.56*F, 29.99 in-Hg, 40% humidity.

and 92.74F, 30 in-Hg, 26% humidity.

thanks

dt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-27-2010, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMavis View Post
You must be near sea level. I say that because the in-hg is at or greater than sea level readings of 29.92 standard. Thus the humidity quite low (especially at 26%) and the high barometric readings will more than offset the high temps, thus the correction factor will be less than 1 taking away from the observed reading.

The math is not that complicated. You have to conver the humidity to absoloute vapor pressure however.

93.56*F, 29.99 in-Hg, 40% humidity = .993 Correction factor (which will reduce the HP # the dyno would give "un"-corrected)

If the dyno says 100 HP, you would multiply 100 X .993 because these conditions are better than sea level standards.

and 92.74F, 30 in-Hg, 26% humidity = .988 (which will reduce the HP # the dyno would give "un"-corrected)

In the second example the temp is cooler, the air is thicker and the water vapor is less, thus the lower corrected reading.
yeah close to sea level but the humidity numbers don't seem right, trying to get humidity for the area that day from the weather I think the weather station is wrong at the dyno, I live on the eastern shore of maryland and its know to be humid as hell here.
post #3 of 5 Old 06-27-2010, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

ok 2 different weather stations in dover (were I was) reported humidity at 64-66% how does that figure in? and a hr or so before I dynoed it was 85% :) seems more in line, it was fucking hot i know that:)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 06-27-2010, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

shit at one point looking at the weather history it was 100% how the hell does that happen doesnt that mean its raining?
post #5 of 5 Old 06-27-2010, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMavis View Post
Recalculating using 90% humidity is:

93.56*F, 29.99 in-Hg, 90% humidity = 1.168.

Now multiply that to the HP # for corrected power with 90% humidity. The dyno is giving a bigger fudge factor because there is more air in the water.

27% humidity is certainly possible, but not the norm, especially in the summer. I would guess between 80-95% is more normal for Maryland this time of year.
cool thanks Mavis, the numbers for weather and cf for the dyno just were not adding up compared to the performance of the bike to my zx10, dynoed 2 bone stock bmw's and both bikes were with in 4 hp of each other but at 168 hp I was beginning to wonder if I was going to have to run back up to baltimore and run my new bike thru the show room window of the snotty ass bmw dealer :) I felt a lot better when the other bike dynoed the same.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in