Dyno bike without then with Power Commander - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 Old 04-10-2008, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Dyno bike without then with Power Commander

This may be a stupid question, but has anyone ever bothered to "challenge" so to speak and baseline their bike on a dyno WITHOUT a Power Commander, then with one?

I'm particularly interested in those who may have done this with the typical full exhaust / air filter modifications.

I like seeing people challenge the norm and would be interested in doing this myself.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 04-10-2008, 01:47 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Are you talking about leaving all your mods on and just removing the PCIII then with PCIII? Your power numbers are going to drop signifigantly if you had your bike custom tuned. If you are running a generic map maybe you'll lose a couple HP. I gained nearly 10RWHP with just the tuning alone.
post #3 of 27 Old 04-10-2008, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Yes, I was just wondering if the PC3 made a difference, and wanted to get a baseline without it and then another few runs to tune it and compare the final numbers with the previous ones.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 Old 04-10-2008, 05:06 PM
Speed Freak

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to garth285
I have actually seen bikes loose horsepower with putting a power commander on.....

BUT!!!
this was only because the bike was running real lean and lean does make power but is not good for the motor...... proper air fuel ratio is VERY important though.
post #5 of 27 Old 04-10-2008, 08:32 PM

Posting Frequency

any tuner worth a damn will give you those graphs anyway........... I dunno how many guys would just take a bike in, get it mapped and walk away $300 the lighter and not know if they improved anything or by how much. LOL BTW, a zero map in the pc is just the same as not having the pc on at all ,so it isn't necessary to take the pc off or wait to put it on etc....... as long as you make sure the guy zero's out the map before hand and doesn't run whatever was in it, as most of the time, the map that comes with a PC will give you less h.p than a zero map.
post #6 of 27 Old 04-10-2008, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Good suggestion birdman, and thanks Garth for that info!

post #7 of 27 Old 04-11-2008, 05:12 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

i have a track only 06 with arrow half system(removing the cat) exhaust only it made 165 hp with a super nice curve. with the power commander after 4-5 runs we got it up to 167hp with no difference in curve, so i sold the power commander and i run stock. it pulls like crazy.
post #8 of 27 Old 04-11-2008, 05:21 AM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by livharder View Post
i have a track only 06 with arrow half system(removing the cat) exhaust only it made 165 hp with a super nice curve. with the power commander after 4-5 runs we got it up to 167hp with no difference in curve, so i sold the power commander and i run stock. it pulls like crazy.
Makes me wonder if its worth the $$'s to buy one.
post #9 of 27 Old 04-11-2008, 09:03 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Yes, as they have kind of said here, it is not the PC3 it is the custom map. On avererage I see about a 7hp gain with a custom map. $200 for 7 rwhp is about the cheapest gain you'll make. But the gains will be allot more than just power. Ridability is sooo much better. Especially at slower speeds and with a good tuner on/off throttle response can be tamed a tad too. Power will feel so much smoother from bottom to top it will leave you smiling for a long time.

Rubber Side Down!!!
"Read The Signs"

God gave Rock'N Rolll to ya, and Kawasaki too!
post #10 of 27 Old 04-11-2008, 09:32 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gang Green View Post
Yes, as they have kind of said here, it is not the PC3 it is the custom map. On avererage I see about a 7hp gain with a custom map. $200 for 7 rwhp is about the cheapest gain you'll make. But the gains will be allot more than just power. Ridability is sooo much better. Especially at slower speeds and with a good tuner on/off throttle response can be tamed a tad too. Power will feel so much smoother from bottom to top it will leave you smiling for a long time.
mine was a custom map, 2 hp gain only with the same curve and the chance of having the power commander not working well at times like on some hondas.i decided to sell it. i think that if you go with an aftermarket RACING exhaust that have the headers much bigger than stock then you will need one for sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in