Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Dry clutch

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  BigBillyStyler 
#1 ·
Anybody know of a dry clutch available for an 06 ZX-10R? Similiar to Ducati dry clutch.

#4 ·
When I owned my monster, the look and sound of a wet clutch was cool at first, but got really annoying after awhile. Plus, low speed engagement really sucked. I can see how a dry clutch would work really well at the track, but for everyday riding I thought it really sucked. Dry clutch is a love it or hate it.

#6 ·
My buddy rides a 996S and I think the Dry clutch sounds ridiculous! I have rode the bike in twisties and saw no advantage to having the dry clutch.

All the nitpicky posts we get on here about wierd noises, buzzs, creeks, clunks and squeaks out of our bike are nothing compared to the chitty chitty bang bang clatter of the duc, that thing sounds like it is going to rattle itself apart. Not for me!, I'll take my Japanese Sewing Machine!

#7 ·
A friend of mine had an '01 Ducati...it was like a 740 something I believe....but we were pulling into the local powersports dealer around here and some guy was like whats wrong with that thing?? is the starter bad?? I was like WTF...some people are idiots....even if you aren't familiar with a dry clutch, if a bike is already running...its not the starter lol...P.S.....I can't stand the sound of a dry clutch....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.