Do I need a PC3 for my slip on? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 52 Old 01-25-2005, 03:43 AM Thread Starter
RMK

Posting Frequency

Do I need a PC3 for my slip on?

ok, ordering a slip on.. do i need a PCIII? i'm thinking probably going with an Area P. any advice on that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 52 Old 01-25-2005, 03:55 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

My advice is you can't go wrong with Area P. As for a PCIII, you can get along without one. There are alot of maps out there for a bike with only a slip on, in case you do want a Power Commander, however.
post #3 of 52 Old 01-25-2005, 04:01 AM Thread Starter
RMK

Posting Frequency

anyone have the area P extreme can? the shorty? i thought i saw a pic earlier, but wondering how loud is that really? i'm not looking for obnoxious.. don't need another reason to get pulled over..

area p over an akro?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 52 Old 01-25-2005, 07:21 AM

Posting Frequency

miykl has one....send him a pm and he'll be more than informative
post #5 of 52 Old 01-25-2005, 08:03 AM

Posting Frequency

It's likely you'll get more (harmless) popping on deceleration after fitting your slip-on. Removing the goose helps a lot, as does adding a PC. I usually do all three at once, at a time when I need to remove the tank anyway (checking the plugs, for example).
post #6 of 52 Old 01-25-2005, 09:48 AM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

I have a Akra slip on and no pc. No problem with drivability, in fact I don't think it affected it at all.
I probablly will end up getting one in the future though.
post #7 of 52 Old 01-25-2005, 10:09 AM
MIA Post Whore

Posting Frequency

I have the Area P and really like it. The service from Kerry and Kenny is great and they are quick to respond to any questions. They felt there was no need for any adjustments to the fuel curve. I ran mine w/o a pc for about 2k miles with no problems. Capping the air injection will get rid of most of the popping. When i installed the pc I used a downloaded map and drivability was improved slightly. IMO not enough to make one manditory. As for sound levels, IMO, it's just right. No where near D&D loud. Just good sound. Leave the exhuast valve in place and you can be stealth through neiborhoods, then out on the road it screams.
post #8 of 52 Old 02-13-2005, 10:17 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

RMK - I dont think you HAVE TO put on a PCIII because the original mapping on the ECU is so rich - your not hurting anything. But if you want the bike to run noticeably better with better midrange and top end the PC3 is the way to go. There is a thread that I started about the huge improvement I got with a PC3 and a Dan Kyle map (free). So answering your question - Do you have to??? NO.... Is it a good idea if you want performance??? YES
post #9 of 52 Old 02-14-2005, 09:27 PM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon Sanders
RMK - I dont think you HAVE TO put on a PCIII because the original mapping on the ECU is so rich - your not hurting anything. But if you want the bike to run noticeably better with better midrange and top end the PC3 is the way to go. There is a thread that I started about the huge improvement I got with a PC3 and a Dan Kyle map (free). So answering your question - Do you have to??? NO.... Is it a good idea if you want performance??? YES
This isn't the original name to this thread, I changed it so that the seemingly millions of people that have asked this question might find the answer that they're looking for here.

This is the response I was looking for too. A slip on without a pc3 won't hurt the drivability of your bike. But a PC with or without a slip on will show marked improvement.
post #10 of 52 Old 02-28-2005, 10:32 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Is the PCIII the same as the USB? Recently in our area the local dyno jet dyno has updated to "auto tuning link map building"---o2 analysis with computer aided map compensation. It is rumored by alot of the locals that this works and is paying big hp dividens, but you gotta use a USB box. Fact or fiction?--what you guys think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in