DIY Servo Eliminator - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 11-16-2008, 09:57 PM Thread Starter
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?

Posting Frequency

DIY Servo Eliminator

Well.. I have seen a lot of people with great electronics/electrical skills and they have done/created their own speedohealer, gear indicator, tre, etc.. etc..

Anyone done a servo eliminator yet?
Ivan has one but $110 ?

I dont need it really since I still have a lot of space in my trunk.
But, im just curious.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 11-16-2008, 10:04 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to Addiction_V
i need it, but im a cheap guy. Really good spot for a PC.
post #3 of 17 Old 11-16-2008, 10:07 PM
Postwhore with an 04

Posting Frequency

Hey guys. Here is a thread about something that might work. It was for taking off the cables so I don't know if it will work for removing it all together cause I didn't look through it very closely since I have Ivans servo eliminator but it might help.

https://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.p...highlight=tape
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 11-16-2008, 10:11 PM
La Flama Blanca

Posting Frequency

Hey guys check this out, this is for the 04-05, seems no one has got the word out, no need for the 110$ servo eliminator, simply remove one pin from the harness.
http://www.racetaylormade.com/tmpage...fitZX10-R.html

"from instructions: To prevent a warning light appearing on the dash now that the exhaust valve has been removed it will be necessary to remove a pin from the ECU. Disconnect the larger of the two connectors and from the back with the release tab facing up identify the pin on the far R/H side, second row down with a brown and /red wire (see diagram). On one side of the front of the connector are two white tabs, on the opposite side is a single white tab. Push in the single white tab; the two white tabs on the opposite side will push out. Pull the brown and red wire out of the back of the connector and the pin will come with it. Push the two white tabs back into place to lock the remaining pins. Wrap some electrical tape around the pin and tape it to the wiring harness. Re-connect harness to the ECU. "

"Now, I am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"
post #5 of 17 Old 11-16-2008, 10:37 PM

Posting Frequency

I've herd removeing causes comp. to run bike in safe mode or limp mode due to falt (FI light). It doesn't seem like this wire pin removel mod would prevent this. IDK. just my non tech $.02
post #6 of 17 Old 11-16-2008, 11:02 PM
La Flama Blanca

Posting Frequency

Removing the pin, only bypases the servo fault signal, your FI light will still function for any other problem, like normal, and you will not be in Limp home mode, from what I understand anyway. I still have my servo installed, just removed the cables. I see no real reason to remove the servo.

"Now, I am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"
post #7 of 17 Old 11-17-2008, 07:54 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

OG I think a lot of people want to do this mod so they can use that area for a PC or some other fueling unit. The 08 has next to nothing in the trunk area and that is a perfect spot for it.

Sean

08 10R Pearl Wildfire Orange

Akra slip on W/Link Pipe, Ohlins R&T Forks, Ohlins 46PRXLS, Attack Rearsets, Guhl ECU Reflash, Ivan's Block Offs, Pazzo Levers, Goodridge Carbo Brake Lines, Vesrah RJL Pads, Riflemans 1/5 Throttle Insert, R & G Sliders & Engine Guards, Puig Z Screen, Puig Hugger, Evotech 1/4 turn gas cap

post #8 of 17 Old 11-17-2008, 11:12 PM Thread Starter
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?

Posting Frequency

Like I said in the first post, I DO NOT need that space yet.
I have an AKra Full System and my cables are already out,
I just wanna know if someone has come up with an eliminator that is cheaper than Ivans.

post #9 of 17 Old 11-17-2008, 11:13 PM Thread Starter
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9R to 10R View Post
Hey guys check this out, this is for the 04-05, seems no one has got the word out, no need for the 110$ servo eliminator, simply remove one pin from the harness.
http://www.racetaylormade.com/tmpage...fitZX10-R.html

"from instructions: To prevent a warning light appearing on the dash now that the exhaust valve has been removed it will be necessary to remove a pin from the ECU. Disconnect the larger of the two connectors and from the back with the release tab facing up identify the pin on the far R/H side, second row down with a brown and /red wire (see diagram). On one side of the front of the connector are two white tabs, on the opposite side is a single white tab. Push in the single white tab; the two white tabs on the opposite side will push out. Pull the brown and red wire out of the back of the connector and the pin will come with it. Push the two white tabs back into place to lock the remaining pins. Wrap some electrical tape around the pin and tape it to the wiring harness. Re-connect harness to the ECU. "
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10man04 View Post
I've herd removeing causes comp. to run bike in safe mode or limp mode due to falt (FI light). It doesn't seem like this wire pin removel mod would prevent this. IDK. just my non tech $.02

I have seen some do it. But is there a 100% way to make sure nothing else gets messed up when you pull the pin out ?

Last edited by Lucky10R; 11-17-2008 at 11:19 PM.
post #10 of 17 Old 11-17-2008, 11:45 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10man04 View Post
can anybody explain what exactly the "safe mode" will doing?does it control the fuel mapping or timing,or both of them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in