Gen 4: 2011-2015 difference in cat deletes Leo vs Akro? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 05-09-2011, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
Slo
Is still Slo

Posting Frequency

Garage
difference in cat deletes Leo vs Akro?

Anyone know why the price difference between a Leo vince and Akropovic cat delete pipe?

Wondering if there is something with the brackets that makes the leo $229.00 vs Akro's 173.99 or is there something else spec wise that I am missing?

Got a LV exhaust on the way, so was wanting the LV cat delete later, but for the price, I may just do the Akro.....

EDIT:
Found a close up diagram of the LV cat eliminator
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LV cat elminator close up diagram.JPG
Views:	228
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	148272  

2015 ZX10R - Archer flash+goodies - Arrow - TechSpec lock kit tank pad - Spiegler lines
CL Pads - 520 kit - LSL sliders & rearset - Yoshi case guards - custom seats - Gyrocam GoPro 4 Silver

Last edited by Slo; 05-10-2011 at 02:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 05-09-2011, 02:05 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

doesnt th leo already have a bung on it and the akra doesnt???? I know thats how it is with r1's
post #3 of 10 Old 05-09-2011, 09:09 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Skype™ to zx10rich
The Leo mid pipe has the hook loops on them vs Akra does not so that the can will secure to the mid pipe ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 05-09-2011, 09:16 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Skype™ to zx10rich
Also with the Leo slip on pipe the exhaust clamp does not fit good at all when it come to lining up with the stock rear hanger bracket, there is like a 1/4" or more gap around the pipe. I think the problem with that is the can has a taper to it and when using the stock foot peg for mounting it does not allow the muffler clan to slide up the taper of the can to have a good fit, if you were able to get the carbon fiber hanger from Leo I'm sure it will have a better fit because it allows it to slide further up the can.
A friend of mine has the Leo pipe and that's what I have seen on his bike, I love the pipe I'm not a fan of the fit with the stock hanger or the carbon fiber heat shield and with it the mid pipe SS it just does not match well with the stock headers jut my two cents.

Last edited by zx10rich; 05-09-2011 at 09:19 PM.
post #5 of 10 Old 05-10-2011, 10:59 AM Thread Starter
Slo
Is still Slo

Posting Frequency

Garage
Good info, yeah, the pipe color won't match with the headers, but it'll have to do at some point. I will be ordering the LV cat eliminator at some point. LV GP Pro exhaust may be here today, so I will see how the sound is after it's broken in.

2015 ZX10R - Archer flash+goodies - Arrow - TechSpec lock kit tank pad - Spiegler lines
CL Pads - 520 kit - LSL sliders & rearset - Yoshi case guards - custom seats - Gyrocam GoPro 4 Silver
post #6 of 10 Old 06-26-2011, 09:09 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

My akro link pipe hooked up perfectly and has a bung.
+ it's light as a feather
post #7 of 10 Old 06-27-2011, 03:32 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionheart View Post
My akro link pipe hooked up perfectly and has a bung.
+ it's light as a feather
dont know if it is lighter than the leo. but i think it might be. The bung is to small for the Autotune on the aka though. You will have to get a new one welded on that comes with the auto tune if you go that route

'11 Black zx-10r | Tech-spec Tank pad | Akraprovic w/ link | Power Commander V | Auto tune | HID | 1/5 Insert | Driven Smog Plates | DMP integrated tail light | Vortex rear sets w/ new pressure switch | Puig dark smoke windscreen | BMC Air Filter | Cox Radiator Guard |

To Do List:
ECU reflash
Steering Damper revalved

Last edited by The Nam3less; 06-27-2011 at 03:36 AM.
post #8 of 10 Old 06-27-2011, 10:27 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nam3less View Post
dont know if it is lighter than the leo. but i think it might be. The bung is to small for the Autotune on the aka though. You will have to get a new one welded on that comes with the auto tune if you go that route

Not a problem as I went with the Dynotronics ECU flash. Seems great so far. Need 300 more miles (800 mi. now) or so and i will have it Dyno'd to see what the real deal is.
post #9 of 10 Old 06-29-2011, 09:20 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionheart View Post
Not a problem as I went with the Dynotronics ECU flash. Seems great so far. Need 300 more miles (800 mi. now) or so and i will have it Dyno'd to see what the real deal is.
Nice. Post dyno graph, video and mods
post #10 of 10 Old 06-29-2011, 06:06 PM
Squid wannabe

Posting Frequency

The Leo has a little muffler on it. It bolted on perfectly here, with the stock can

"The ZX-10R is capable of being perfectly docile and tractable, but few men are capable of resisting its ever-present voice urging them to just twist it and see what happens."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in