Difference between Arrow Competition and Race-Tech Exhaust - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 04-05-2019, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Difference between Arrow Competition and Race-Tech Exhaust

I see that the Arrow Race-Tech Exhaust states it's only 98 dB at 7K RPM - which is perfect for here in Cali. I can get the increased HP while staying in compliance with their increasingly strict noise laws (and I don't have to worry about annoying my neighbors - I live in an apartment complex and I leave at 520 AM).

The price difference doesn't seem all that bad. I know with the Arrow Competition Exhaust they claim you need to get it remapped (I was going to do that anyways).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-05-2019, 11:38 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by gskidmor View Post
I see that the Arrow Race-Tech Exhaust states it's only 98 dB at 7K RPM - which is perfect for here in Cali. I can get the increased HP while staying in compliance with their increasingly strict noise laws (and I don't have to worry about annoying my neighbors - I live in an apartment complex and I leave at 520 AM).

The price difference doesn't seem all that bad. I know with the Arrow Competition Exhaust they claim you need to get it remapped (I was going to do that anyways).
Power & Noise if you want the extra extra power the Competition (racing) system gives you, then you get the extra extra Noise with it, and personally yes get the Race Tech system remapped it'll still make a night and day difference to your bike.
post #3 of 3 Old 04-06-2019, 12:55 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael4012 View Post
Power & Noise if you want the extra extra power the Competition (racing) system gives you, then you get the extra extra Noise with it, and personally yes get the Race Tech system remapped it'll still make a night and day difference to your bike.
So I assume the other than is like 110 dB like a lot of the others? The ones that claimed (not doubting it) large increases in HP were 105 dB+ around idle. The Arrow claims a decent gain and it's close to stock - win/win! (not that I wouldn't mind a bit more HP that I'm not skilled enough to notice/use affectively, but it's sure fun to gun it every now and then).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in