Diablo Rosso Corsa Tire Review - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 03-29-2011, 05:59 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider
 
Ninja_10R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 610
Posting Frequency
 
Diablo Rosso Corsa Tire Review

Thought I would write a short review of the Diablo Rosso Corsa tire which I have been using for the last few months. I have been using it on my gen 1 zx10 which is used 50% on street and 50% on track. This is single compound front with a two compound 3 zone rear. After some use, you can clearly see the section where the compounds start and finish.

My first impression of the tire was the smooth ride it offered compared to the Metzeller M3's I had before it. It filtered out small bumps and irregularities on the road. If you are looking for a tire that gives dunlop like feedback, this is not for you. It is also a very neutral steering tire. For street use, I ran cold pressures of 34psi front and 38 psi rear.

At present, I have done 4 trackdays on it and the left side of the rear tire is down till the wear indicators whereas the center and the right side have plenty of tread left. The front tire has plenty of tread left on it and might last one more rear. I did 2 trackdays without warmers and 2 with warmers. I realized how sensitive these tires were to hot pressure and running the correct hot pressures made all the difference. I ran hot pressures of 34 psi front and rear as per pirelli's recommendations. Good starting point for cold pressures are 30-31 psi front and 29-30 psi rear for track use.

In terms of edge grip, these tires are pretty good. Almost like a DOT race tire.When coming out of corners, the tire initially grips pretty well when it is still leaned over on the softer compound. But at the time when it is transitioning over to the harder compound, it may break loose if you are too greedy with the throttle. In terms of hard braking, these tires are very good for a street based track tire. This was the only street tire that gave me the confidence to get my knee down on turn 1 at Eastern Creek Raceway (this is a very fast corner taken close to 200kmph).

In terms of wear rate, this tire is very impressive and does not show signs of abuse at the track. Overall, I am pretty happy with this tire and would strongly recommend this tire to those who are trackday regulars looking for some longevity without compromising too much grip. Good tire for a street/track bike. I have attached some pics of the tire with 4 trackdays and a total of 2000kms (street + track use).

Hope this was helpful.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	29032011167.jpg
Views:	3821
Size:	181.6 KB
ID:	145735   Click image for larger version

Name:	29032011168.jpg
Views:	2383
Size:	184.4 KB
ID:	145736  
Ninja_10R is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 Old 03-29-2011, 08:24 AM
Track Day Rider
 
EvoNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 160
Posting Frequency
 
Good writeup!

I've got a pair of those on my 636 and so far i'm loving them. Very sticky street tire, and i like the neutral steering. I'm using 32f 34r, any more than that and i feel the bumps too much, think the tire as a really hard carcass. Other than that, its a really great tire, miles better than the BT016 i had on that bike before.
EvoNinja is offline  
post #3 of 10 Old 03-29-2011, 08:29 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider
 
Ninja_10R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 610
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoNinja View Post
Good writeup!

I've got a pair of those on my 636 and so far i'm loving them. Very sticky street tire, and i like the neutral steering. I'm using 32f 34r, any more than that and i feel the bumps too much, think the tire as a really hard carcass. Other than that, its a really great tire, miles better than the BT016 i had on that bike before.
Its more of a stiffer side wall than a stiff carcass. Yes, after the BT016, you will find any tire hard. Try the dunlop gpa's - thats a really hard carcass, Pirellis feel soft after them.

Last edited by Ninja_10R; 03-29-2011 at 08:33 AM.
Ninja_10R is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 10 Old 03-29-2011, 12:22 PM
Late Apex
 
Solo-Six's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Norcal
Posts: 803
Posting Frequency
  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ismaeel View Post
Its more of a stiffer side wall than a stiff carcass. Yes, after the BT016, you will find any tire hard. Try the dunlop gpa's - thats a really hard carcass, Pirellis feel soft after them.
Hahahaha And I have the Flip Side of that .. My tires have a soft carcass. I have the Continental Race Attacks. Soft Front and Med Rear .... Wont do that again .. LoL .. Front Tire started tearing after 3 laps ..Tearing is the wrinkles on the edges cause the tire didnt properly scrub ....

Has a squishy feel but you get used to it.. It is however hard to determine via feedback that your tires are on the edge of its limits.. FOR SURE ....

Solo-Six is offline  
post #5 of 10 Old 03-29-2011, 07:11 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider
 
Ninja_10R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 610
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo-Six View Post
Hahahaha And I have the Flip Side of that .. My tires have a soft carcass. I have the Continental Race Attacks. Soft Front and Med Rear .... Wont do that again .. LoL .. Front Tire started tearing after 3 laps ..Tearing is the wrinkles on the edges cause the tire didnt properly scrub ....

Has a squishy feel but you get used to it.. It is however hard to determine via feedback that your tires are on the edge of its limits.. FOR SURE ....

I have been wanting to try these tires on the track. How do you rate them?
Ninja_10R is offline  
post #6 of 10 Old 03-29-2011, 07:38 PM
Late Apex
 
Solo-Six's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Norcal
Posts: 803
Posting Frequency
  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ismaeel View Post
I have been wanting to try these tires on the track. How do you rate them?
Street - you will love them ... the feedback on uneven terrain is remarkable. I run a 32f/30r tire pressure ..

Track- save your money. You will not be impressed...however... if you are confident enough to run a soft carcass tire tear it up ... just go with medium/medium. The soft/medium does not work. The rear once warmed up pushes the front to its limits faster than it should
Solo-Six is offline  
post #7 of 10 Old 03-29-2011, 08:01 PM
Late Apex
 
Solo-Six's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Norcal
Posts: 803
Posting Frequency
  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ismaeel View Post
Thought I would write a short review of the Diablo Rosso Corsa tire which I have been using for the last few months. I have been using it on my gen 1 zx10 which is used 50% on street and 50% on track. This is single compound front with a two compound 3 zone rear. After some use, you can clearly see the section where the compounds start and finish.

My first impression of the tire was the smooth ride it offered compared to the Metzeller M3's I had before it. It filtered out small bumps and irregularities on the road. If you are looking for a tire that gives dunlop like feedback, this is not for you. It is also a very neutral steering tire. For street use, I ran cold pressures of 34psi front and 38 psi rear.

At present, I have done 4 trackdays on it and the left side of the rear tire is down till the wear indicators whereas the center and the right side have plenty of tread left. The front tire has plenty of tread left on it and might last one more rear. I did 2 trackdays without warmers and 2 with warmers. I realized how sensitive these tires were to hot pressure and running the correct hot pressures made all the difference. I ran hot pressures of 34 psi front and rear as per pirelli's recommendations. Good starting point for cold pressures are 30-31 psi front and 29-30 psi rear for track use.


In terms of edge grip, these tires are pretty good. Almost like a DOT race tire.When coming out of corners, the tire initially grips pretty well when it is still leaned over on the softer compound. But at the time when it is transitioning over to the harder compound, it may break loose if you are too greedy with the throttle. In terms of hard braking, these tires are very good for a street based track tire. This was the only street tire that gave me the confidence to get my knee down on turn 1 at Eastern Creek Raceway (this is a very fast corner taken close to 200kmph).

In terms of wear rate, this tire is very impressive and does not show signs of abuse at the track. Overall, I am pretty happy with this tire and would strongly recommend this tire to those who are trackday regulars looking for some longevity without compromising too much grip. Good tire for a street/track bike. I have attached some pics of the tire with 4 trackdays and a total of 2000kms (street + track use).

Hope this was helpful.
That's a perfect wear.... that tire scrubs clean as [email protected]#t..... either the tire or the rider transition in corners ....
Solo-Six is offline  
post #8 of 10 Old 03-29-2011, 08:38 PM
All show and all go 10r
 
JLG0987's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 5,921
Posting Frequency
         
Don't forget just because a tire wears badly doesn't mean it's a bad tire. Tire pressure could be wrong, sag could be wrong, or suspension settings. You can also over work the tires too.
JLG0987 is offline  
post #9 of 10 Old 03-30-2011, 09:55 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider
 
Ninja_10R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 610
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo-Six View Post
Street - you will love them ... the feedback on uneven terrain is remarkable. I run a 32f/30r tire pressure ..

Track- save your money. You will not be impressed...however... if you are confident enough to run a soft carcass tire tear it up ... just go with medium/medium. The soft/medium does not work. The rear once warmed up pushes the front to its limits faster than it should
Looks like I might have to give the Contis a pass. Might the Supercorsas next.
Ninja_10R is offline  
post #10 of 10 Old 03-30-2011, 10:03 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider
 
Ninja_10R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 610
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo-Six View Post
That's a perfect wear.... that tire scrubs clean as [email protected]#t..... either the tire or the rider transition in corners ....
The tire looks a bit more clean because it has been used on the road for about 200kms after the last trackday. I didnt quite understand what you meant by "either the tire or the rider transition in corners". Does the wear pattern show a problem with my riding style? Any input will be appreciated.
Ninja_10R is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Tags
corsa, diablo, pirelli, rosso

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Conti Race Attack vs Diablo Rosso Corsa Ninja_10R Performance and Tech 44 12-06-2011 09:33 AM
Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa Retics The ZX-10R 21 10-12-2010 11:51 PM
New Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa ikaika Performance and Tech 29 05-23-2010 03:42 PM
Pirelli Diablo Corsa III VS Pirelli Diablo Rosso Tiltovic The ZX-10R 10 11-03-2009 10:37 AM
pirelli diablo corsa III tire promotion!!! lexusrx Vendor Deals 33 08-24-2006 10:17 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome