Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Datatool Revlight

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Nick.INF 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Datatool shiftlight

Installation is a little tricky because it requires splicing into the stock speedo harness. I got the anodized aluminum case for it as well.

Once programmed it works very well and is easy to see. You can set where the different colored LED's light up, and all of the lights flash when u hit your shift point.

Attachments

#4 ·
I have a double bubble on my bike. I am not sure whether the stock windscreen has enough clearance, but I doubt it. I fastened it on with some super strong plastic interlocking velcro and it works perfectly. I didn't want it permanently fixed on there for cleaning and servicability.

A must have on the 10R in my opinion. I don't even look at my factory tach anymore, and it is at perfect eye level view when tucked behind the windscreen.

#5 ·
Rspec99
Installation is a little tricky because it requires splicing into the stock speedo harness

Could you describe what you did and where are those connections ? Soldering ? and how did you seal up the connections or wires...

Thank You

#6 ·
Wiring the rev light

Basically you have to partially unwrap the wiring harness (leading to the gauges) and locate three wires. There is absolutely no slack in the wires so snipping and re-attaching is completely out of the question. What I did was CAREFULLY shave off about 1/2" of insulation and solder the datatool connections directly onto the factory wire connections. Then insulate everything with electrical tape or heat shrink. It does create a small bulge where the connector snaps into the gauges, but you probably wouldn't notice unless I told you.

You could probably get away with using the little splicing squares but I am extremely anal (probably from my car stereo days) about electrical connections. Nothing worse than tracking down electrical gremlins due to crappy connectors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.