Gen 2: 2006-2007 Crankcase breather re-route? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 06-29-2012, 03:30 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Crankcase breather re-route?

Ok..those that have done this..where/what/how? Im looking to seal up the airbox, and was thinking on just attachin an external filter of some type to the crankcase hose. BUT...the thought of oil all over the back of the motor...umm..no thanks. What did yall use? Catch tank of some type? Gonna go with all shortie stacks in the box since I removed the secondaries and getting a new tune done in a week or so...sooo I though this would also be a good time to either plug the hose connector for the crankcase hose..or...just leave it hooked to the airbox.

Faster than a drunk snail on valium!

07 zx10r- stolen
New bike...07 GSXR1000..BMC filter, LOR slip on, 520 conversion with -1, speedohealer, pc3 custom map with xtre settings, Galfer superbike lines front, galfer sportbike line rear, shorty levers, Yami R1 throttle tube for 1/5 throttle, PAIR mod, exhaust valve gone, ecu flashed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 06-29-2012, 03:48 PM
Slow Poke

Posting Frequency

Don't say that. That's what I just did. Just put a breather on the top of the case. 220 miles now and haven't had a problem yet.... That I know of anyway. Lol

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
post #3 of 11 Old 06-29-2012, 04:26 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I vented to Kleen air system n I jus monitor the hose to c how far oil comin up so far nuttin

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 06-29-2012, 04:52 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgmagma10 View Post
don't say that. That's what i just did. Just put a breather on the top of the case. 220 miles now and haven't had a problem yet.... That i know of anyway. Lol

sent from my motorcycle iphone app

Marchesini Magnesiums,Nassert beet,kawi cam,.45 headgasket,DJ PC/Ig.M/QS,velocity stacks,bmc race,gipro,sato rearsets,helibars,throttlemeisters,pazzo shorties,speedohealer,520 renthal sprockets,penske 8393 double clicker,traxxion dynamic springs,scotts stabilizer,lsl frame sliders,cox radiator guard,powerbronze hugger,puig DB,solo seat cover,Valentine1,dual low beam projectors,55w.hids, brembo superbike rotors,Goodridge superbike lines,nissin calipers and rizoma mirrors,mda123 battery.
post #5 of 11 Old 06-29-2012, 06:29 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt ninja View Post
+2
post #6 of 11 Old 07-03-2012, 11:38 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Vented mine through the reed valves.
post #7 of 11 Old 07-03-2012, 05:34 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgmagma10 View Post
Don't say that. That's what I just did. Just put a breather on the top of the case. 220 miles now and haven't had a problem yet.... That I know of anyway. Lol

ok forgive my ignorance, but what exactly are we talking about?? what is the difference between doing this an block off plates and just putting a cap on that?? or are we talking about the plug/hole at the back bottom of the airbox?? Lastly what are the advantages in doing this??
post #8 of 11 Old 12-09-2012, 01:22 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Bump. Well?
post #9 of 11 Old 12-09-2012, 01:39 PM
MIA Post Whore

Posting Frequency

ran the tube into the tail section with a crank case filter. You want to go straight up then route back so the condensated oil mist or puked oil has a route back down. I tried a short straight tube with filter on top and ended up with a filthy mess after a few pwr wheelies and WOT pulls on my Gen 2. I don't know how some guys get away with just a filter on the case...

2011 Ninja 1K street
2004 636 track
post #10 of 11 Old 12-09-2012, 03:14 PM
Slow Poke

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by miykl View Post
ran the tube into the tail section with a crank case filter. You want to go straight up then route back so the condensated oil mist or puked oil has a route back down. I tried a short straight tube with filter on top and ended up with a filthy mess after a few pwr wheelies and WOT pulls on my Gen 2. I don't know how some guys get away with just a filter on the case...
I had that same problem when I just put a breather on top of my crank case. That's a good idea runnin a line up to a breather so it can relieve pressure without spittin oil all over everywhere. I made the mistake of doin the breather the night before I sprayed it at the track for the first time. And I freaked when I came back to the pits covered in oil. Good idea man! I'm gonna try that.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in