Cosworth going into Superbike performace - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 01-30-2011, 10:59 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Cosworth going into Superbike performace

I just wnted to pass the news on to others who enjoy performance builds that Cosworth is now selling complete a-z engine performace packages. I do not know the cost, website ect as I lent out my issues of RACE ENGINE TECHNOLOGY To one of my teams mechanics .
Looking at the photos of the components in the packages it looked very comprehensive and Cosworth has a quality reputation to uphold . There was a story in RACE ENGINE TECHNOLOGY Stating Cosworths engine package was even comparable to the Hondas of Jonathan Reas Tencate/Castrol team.
They may be stretching th truth a bit on that one lol, but to have components that can even get you CLOSE to a factory ride is impressive .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-30-2011, 06:25 PM
Gen2 Ripper

Posting Frequency

Yeah, atleast 6 months ago there was a thread and cosworth link. Cosworth makes the best car internals so shouldnt be any different for bikes. Only problem is the cost as a set of pistons was over $1200 alone. They have complete internals for gen1-gen3 currently. They were selling complter motors for $10k. Like I said, really steep but the absolute best quality.
post #3 of 5 Old 01-31-2011, 03:05 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

NEVERENDINGMODS Your a man ater my own heart . I love to do unique performance builds and owning 10 bikes and a race team im always buying performace parts .UPS an Fed Ex have my house own as a regular stop lol.

With todays EPA requirements , even new bikes you have to install a power commander and a unrestricted header/exhaust so the bike can breath properly and run correctly .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 01-31-2011, 07:06 PM
Gen2 Ripper

Posting Frequency

Haha, I hear you man about the ups/fed ex deliveries. Sounds like you have a never ending project always going on. I would love to put Cosworth internals in all my toys. Lately, all my time and $ is devoted to the 10r. I get the biggest gratification modding it. My user name for the past 10 yrs now on various forums is the one I currently use. I just can't stop, too much fun.
post #5 of 5 Old 02-01-2011, 01:07 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Never I havnt done Japanese build in YEARS bause when I went to get component kits(cams, valves, rods ect) from Honda, Suzuki ect, I was told I ha to get permssion from the manufactures ? Ive heard they are loosening up a bit now but when someon turns away busines it leaes a sour note.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in