Coolant - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 01-05-2010, 11:33 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Coolant

what brand of coolant do you run ?i use WATER WETTER and i stay about 10 degrees lower than my brother which uses ENGINE ICE.but WATER WETTER IS NOT AN ANTI-FREEZE.

lead,follow or get out of the way !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 01-05-2010, 11:51 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I switched my trackbike to engine ice this summer and saw no difference at all in lowering the temp. Never used water wetter, you are right. It is not an antifreeze. I have only used what has came with my bikes. I have always had new bikes and live where it can get to 50 below zero celsius and have never had a problem with my bikes being stored in an unheated car garage.
post #3 of 14 Old 01-05-2010, 11:53 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I've used Engine Ice in the past, and currently using WaterWetter. I have had no problems with either product. However, I cannot say that their claims of much lower engine temps are accurate. Still run about the same temps.

Drive it like ya stole it --- keep the rubber side down !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 01-05-2010, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by maser View Post
I've used Engine Ice in the past, and currently using WaterWetter. I have had no problems with either product. However, I cannot say that their claims of much lower engine temps are accurate. Still run about the same temps.
i'll have to say there is a difference between mine and my brothers.

post #5 of 14 Old 01-05-2010, 11:57 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I once used an aftermarket ready mixed motorcycle specific antifreeze and had an occassion to pull the radiator months later due to an exhaust pipe change and discovered the radiator inlet and outlet tubes nearly 50% choked off by corrossion build up. I could also see some of the radiator core passages clogged with the same junk. I will now stick with the motorcycle manufacterers brand of antifreeze. I don't think you get a real advantage by using the "super cooler" fluids, if you have a properly working cooling system that keeps your engine in its correct temperature range, tried and true factory engine coolant might really be the best way to go.
post #6 of 14 Old 01-05-2010, 12:06 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to Cycle Concepts
We have had great success with the Engine Ice in conjuction with Motul's MoCool additive...We saw a drop in engine temps of 15 degrees...this data comes from data downloads from our MoTec ecu's...you guys have to also remember that your temp sensors are not very accurate...there can be a
+/-10 degree variance in your sensor calibration...a high quality hand held temp gun will show you this..If any of you have any questions or concerns ,I'll be glad to help you out..just give me a call..
post #7 of 14 Old 01-05-2010, 12:11 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
I once used an aftermarket ready mixed motorcycle specific antifreeze and had an occassion to pull the radiator months later due to an exhaust pipe change and discovered the radiator inlet and outlet tubes nearly 50% choked off by corrossion build up. I could also see some of the radiator core passages clogged with the same junk. I will now stick with the motorcycle manufacterers brand of antifreeze. I don't think you get a real advantage by using the "super cooler" fluids, if you have a properly working cooling system that keeps your engine in its correct temperature range, tried and true factory engine coolant might really be the best way to go.
^^^^^It wasn't one of the brands listed above, was it?

Drive it like ya stole it --- keep the rubber side down !
post #8 of 14 Old 01-05-2010, 12:20 PM
ZX-10R enthusiast

Posting Frequency

Garage
I use Supercool. It's the pre-mixed deionized water and water wetter. I heard the Motul stuff is good shit.I guess it runs cooler, but once you get stuck in traffic, it don't matter what you got, only thing helping you is a 2nd fan. Wish I could legally lane split...
Another thing, if your radiator ever leaks onto your front tire while your riding, you'd rather have the watter wetter type stuff on their vs the glycol based coolants. If you've ever felt a tire with antifreeze on it you'll know it's slippery as a mofo.

Strictly for my Ninjas
https://www.instagram.com/mistr.123/
Current Ride: 2016 ZX-10R ABS (under construction)
Former Ride: 2011 ZX-10R ABS
17/41, Woolich Racing Tuned ECU and QS, Rifleman's 1/5th throttle insert, CL XBK5 pads, Yosh case sliders, Mivv Carbon w/ Ti Akra link
post #9 of 14 Old 01-05-2010, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudewhrsmybike View Post
I use Supercool. It's the pre-mixed deionized water and water wetter. I heard the Motul stuff is good shit.I guess it runs cooler, but once you get stuck in traffic, it don't matter what you got, only thing helping you is a 2nd fan. Wish I could legally lane split...
Another thing, if your radiator ever leaks onto your front tire while your riding, you'd rather have the watter wetter type stuff on their vs the glycol based coolants. If you've ever felt a tire with antifreeze on it you'll know it's slippery as a mofo.
i will be installing another fan pretty soon.

post #10 of 14 Old 01-05-2010, 12:48 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I use water wetter in my Vmax,for sure makes a difference in temp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in