Computer Codes Hard and Soft? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 07-21-2005, 09:21 AM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to crispin
Computer Codes Hard and Soft?

My buddy with the 05 took it to the shop (one that I hate and will not use cause they suck) to have a PC3 installed.

Shop connected it to the wrong connector (of course)

Anyway it is now hooked up correctly but still showing the FI light and will not rev fully.

Shop says bike has thrown a "hard code" and thus needs to be reset some special way.

Does anyone know about this?

Please help!

ya ya ya...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-21-2005, 09:23 AM
MIA Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispin
My buddy with the 05 took it to the shop (one that I hate and will not use cause they suck) to have a PC3 installed.

Shop connected it to the wrong connector (of course)

Anyway it is now hooked up correctly but still showing the FI light and will not rev fully.

Shop says bike has thrown a "hard code" and thus needs to be reset some special way.

Does anyone know about this?

Please help!
I did the same thing when I first hooked up my pcIII. Disconnecting the battery for awhile cleared my codes and the bike ran fine.

Check the map in the pc also. If it still runs badly, remove the pc. It might have been damaged.

2011 Ninja 1K street
2004 636 track

Last edited by miykl; 07-21-2005 at 09:30 AM.
post #3 of 6 Old 07-21-2005, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to crispin
so there are no Hard and Soft codes?

ya ya ya...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 07-21-2005, 11:27 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I was told by my dealer that if needed to just unhook the batt and it will reset the ecm as that is the way they do it. Thier is a procedure in the service manual that tells you how to reset it with the diagnostic wire but if the unplugging the batt does it that is just fine for me.

Dont be suprised if the PCIII is defective, mine was right out of the box, had to call them up and the dinga ling woman on thier tech line argued with me saying that there is no way a PCIII could be bad out of the box. I explained to her I have done everything except pray to the buddah and the bike would not run with it hooked up and it was making the elec secondaries flutter and wig out. Told me to send it back to them at my cost which I said was not right, but the dealer would not take it back and said even if he could that he did not have them in stock as PC was doing thier yearly inventory.

Two weeks later I get an email and call, seems the unit had an internal cross short fromt eh factory adn it was thier units fault not mine and they sent me another brande new unit. I said something about the shipping charges that I paid for a brand new unit and then shipped overnight to make it up to me, could of have sent me a custome tune to save me the $250 for mine and I would of hvae called it even.
post #5 of 6 Old 07-21-2005, 06:36 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

The manual says that all codes should clear when the problem is cleared. If he still has a code then he probably still has a problem. It does sound like a bad PCIII. I also had to have mine replaced, out of the box.
post #6 of 6 Old 07-21-2005, 09:42 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I was at my dealer tonight and they said they have dealt with so many new, bad out of the box PCIII that they are not even recommending them anymore. I wonder what is up with PC quality control dept. Did they forget to hire them or pay them recently...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in