Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Clutch assembly shaft play (Clutch/Trans people needed!)

Gen 2: 2006-07 
503 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  THECYKOTIK1 
#1 ·
I have a 07 with 37,000 miles, mods in my signature. We all know 6th gear has a high pitch whine more than the others, but lately my bike has been making a loud howl/whine in 3rd thru 6th at higher speeds. Chain and sprockets are all new and it made no difference. My clutch started slipping the other day, took the whole clutch assembly out, fibers arent even worn down that bad, stack height is 2.1 inches, steels dont have any hot spots, no grooves in basket, rivets are still good and tight, but the main shaft has slight play (the one the clutch assembly bolts to), you can NOT see it move, but you can feel it and hear it. A friend of mine who deals mainly with suzukis says it should have some play, but very minimal. Which this is a minimal amount, but i want an opinion from the zx10 people. I have attached a video. If i push the shaft in and spin it, i can feel the bearing and even hear it, if i pull on the shaft and spin it, it spins very smooth. If i pull it back and fourth i can hear a slight clank. I could have a problem, or i could just be paranoid like most of the time. Another question i have is why would my clutch have slipped if the fibers & steels are all good and my stack height is correct?? :eyecrazy: Thanks for any help guys.

i cant figure the whole video embedding thing out so there is a link.

See less See more
#2 ·
ok nvm i guess i just needed to put a link for the vid. Well there it is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.