clicking noise in front end - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 05-21-2007, 09:56 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

clicking noise in front end

i seen a post a couple of month back but i can not seam to find it
anyways when i load the front end of my 06 10 (for instance if doing a burn out)i hear a click and sometimes 2 i don't see anything moving but there oviousley is i was wondering if anyone else has had this and found it or if the guy that had this problem ever found and fixed it

thanks in advance

jason
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-21-2007, 09:59 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to bulletr1
Tighten the neck bearings. That should solve the problem but if not it maybe the head bearings going bad.

PC Frame, Swing Arm, Wheels. Gold Rear Sets, Chrome Heel Guards, Factory Pro. Vel. Stacks, PCIII, K&N Air Filter, Full Akra. Exhaust System, 525 DID Gold MVXZ Chain, HID KIT HI & LOW BEAM (6K), 1/5 Throttle Conversion, Ivan's Block Off Kit,TRE & Servo Elim. Air Box Mod, Stainless Steel Braided Lines, Blue Custom Gauge Panel, InterNatrix Paging Security Sys., Michelin Pilot Powers Tires, Barnett Clutch Springs, Custom In/Ex Cams by Web Cams, Milled Cylinder Head. 173.7RWHP
post #3 of 7 Old 05-22-2007, 06:22 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

thanks man i'll try

i also hear it when i sat a wheelie down if that helps anyone else
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 05-22-2007, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

checked and tightened the head bearings and it is still there i think i'm gonna tear the fairing's off and check for crack in frame
post #5 of 7 Old 05-22-2007, 09:49 PM

Posting Frequency

I have a clicking noise around my front end too. I mostly hear it when i back off the throttle a hair and when I pull in the clutch. I guess it does it when there is a slight load on the front. Any way I let the shop have it for a week and they couldnt figure out what it was and that it didnt seem to be messing anything up, and told me just ride it. I said ok but if anything happens it on them.
post #6 of 7 Old 10-04-2007, 10:48 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I've got a similar problem with mine at the moment. I called the bike shop and they said they've had a few that require the stem adjustment at the 6000km mark. The damper tends to mask the effect, I could tell it straight up on my old '04 when it was getting a bit loose.

Anyhoo, make sure your stem bearings are correctly torqued then go from there. Remember, for the home mechs ... you have to tighten the two nuts *under* the top triple, not the big nut sitting on top. That's there just to hold the top triple on.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein

'85 GSX250S -> '96 ZX6R -> '98 ZX6R -> '00 ZX6R -> '03 CBR954RR -> '04 ZX10R -> '02 ZZR250 -> '06 ZX10R -> '08 KTM 990 ADV
post #7 of 7 Old 10-04-2007, 10:52 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuTAnT View Post
I've got a similar problem with mine at the moment. I called the bike shop and they said they've had a few that require the stem adjustment at the 6000km mark. The damper tends to mask the effect, I could tell it straight up on my old '04 when it was getting a bit loose.

Anyhoo, make sure your stem bearings are correctly torqued then go from there. Remember, for the home mechs ... you have to tighten the two nuts *under* the top triple, not the big nut sitting on top. That's there just to hold the top triple on.
I have seen this at first hand much to my horror, a mechanic getting a big mother of an air gun stick a socket on the top nut and pull the trigger on the gun and watch it rat a tat away for likes ages.... needless to say I bollocked him big time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in