Centrifugal supercharger - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 03-10-2005, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Centrifugal supercharger

I found a guy that will install a supercharger on any modern sportbike.
http://www.gsxr.com/showthread.php?t=2159
This is what he has to say-

Assuming stock hp of ~155 hp, you can expect to make ~220-230 hp rearwheel horsepower. We're in Berkeley, CA. We just rebuilt the engine on my own personal bike with low comp pistons, and then switched to a stage 2 kit, and it pulls harder than my turbo hayabusa. No lag, and it feels almost like riding an NA bike - it just happens to have a power curve that's 50% steeper! Now that I've gone super on my bike, I'm never going back to turbo. Oh yeah, that 220-230 hp is perfectly safe on your stock engine to drive everyday. No worries. If you wanted to switch to the stage 2, then you'd need to change your pistons. Not a problem. We can do a supercharger for any modern application. Price would be $5500 for a stage 1 kit, and turn around would be roughly 3-4 weeks.

I live my life a quarter-pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, im free. I need FRIESSSS! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didnt blow a seam on your nugget box.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-10-2005, 07:48 PM
Supercharged Mod

Posting Frequency

Beware of big horsepower numbers without bottom end and midrange torque to match. Centrifugal superchargers don't build boost until high RPM.

Turbochargers can do it because the compressor speed is not locked to the engine speed; it can be regulated more-or-less independently of engine speed using the wastegate or variable vane geometry on the exhaust side. A centrifugal supercharger is locked to the engine speed. At half of design RPM, a centrifugal blower makes close to one-quarter of design pressure ...

Helibars, MRA screen, Ohlins damper, reversed shift pattern, sorted suspension, braided lines, Michelin Pilot Power, all else stock 'coz it's fast enough!
post #3 of 8 Old 03-11-2005, 02:04 AM
OG Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to stunnerific_harry
i like turbos over superchargers

Kip: Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
Pedro: Yes. I don't understand... they say you're not allowed to have pinatas that look like real people, but in Mexico, we do it all the time.
Pedro: Vote for me, and all your wildest dreams will come true.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 03-11-2005, 03:28 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to gladding24
Turbos produce free horsepower, supers consume some of the power they develop as a result of being driven by the engine.
BTW, is a centrifugal blower that of a Paxton type, as opposed to a screw type like a B&M?

Stop Whining!!!
It ain't easy being Green ~ Kermit The Frog
Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics.....Even if you win...you are still retarded

CaliSuperbikes- "these are high strung machines, and we're giving them a constant dose of Red Bull"
post #5 of 8 Old 03-11-2005, 09:29 AM
Ara
LE Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladding24
BTW, is a centrifugal blower that of a Paxton type, as opposed to a screw type like a B&M?
Yes, Paxton, Vortech, and Procharger are all examples of centrifugal superchargers.

Supercharging does give you smoother power delivery though, and on a beast like the 10, that may be what you want.

later...Ara - mri

post #6 of 8 Old 03-11-2005, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

I would rather have a supercharger in a corner, than a turbo. A turbo has a more instant hit, and will shock the rear tire, and in a corner, wouldn't be a good place for that.

I live my life a quarter-pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, im free. I need FRIESSSS! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didnt blow a seam on your nugget box.
post #7 of 8 Old 03-11-2005, 01:42 PM

Posting Frequency

+1+2...but that can be dialed in on a turbo...right?
post #8 of 8 Old 03-11-2005, 02:12 PM
Ara
LE Post Whore

Posting Frequency

In my experience, the turbo setup will not be as smooth or consistent as a supercharger setup. The thing about a turbo is that it is not directly mechanically regulated, so once that turbo starts to spin, the impeller speed increases exponentially, whereas a supercharger will have a linear increase in impeller speed. Turbos can produce more power per RPM than superchargers, but at the same time keeping a turbo under control is not as exact as having a supercharger that can only spin as fast as the engine allows it to. Turbos can have things like boost spikes and overboost, which are not generally problems with superchargers. Either way forced induction rocks.

later...Ara

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in