Cam Degree?? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 03-29-2006, 07:17 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Cam Degree??

Was wondering how much HP/TQ i would gain if I did this mod? I'm into drag racing and I need more TQ then HP........ What are the best mods to improve the TQ of the 10R???

"Best" (Time Slip Proof) Run so far :

60ft:1.7
330ft: 4.5
1/8: 6.7 @ 113mph
1/4: 10.2 @ 142mph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 03-30-2006, 01:37 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to Cycle Concepts
degreeing the cams don't really gain hp but merely moves your power curve around alittle...if you want more hp/tq for drag racing, you're gonna have to crack it open and do some engine work...3mil, head/cams,etc...190-195 realisticly...everyday rideable also...give us a call if interested..803.285.8093

dwayne
post #3 of 12 Old 03-30-2006, 10:41 AM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Just degreeing the cams will net you 2-5 hp.

I live my life a quarter-pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, im free. I need FRIESSSS! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didnt blow a seam on your nugget box.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 03-30-2006, 07:37 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1killer1liter
Just degreeing the cams will net you 2-5 hp.
Granted if the cams are off a mile you can see a gain from degreeing, BUT usually all you see is the power band moved up or down the rev range. Cam timing is determined by what you're going to be doing with the motor. A road racer will need his power in a certain spot and a drag racer another, and a hill climber another. It also depends on the camshaft in question. a big cam may need a little more advance to help the bottom end some. While a smaller cam may like to be retarded to help it work better on the top. It's all about trade offs. Give here and get there. If you're seeing 5 or so HP from degreeing I'll bet if you compare grafts you'll probably see it missing from some other spot in the rev range.

Last edited by Gunner; 03-30-2006 at 10:15 PM.
post #5 of 12 Old 03-30-2006, 08:00 PM

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner
Granted if the cams are off a mile you can see a gain from degreeing, BUT usually all you see is the power band moved up or down the rev range. Cam timing is determined by what you're going to be doing with the motor. A road racer will need his power in a certain spot and a drag racer another, and a hill climber another. It also depends on the camshaft in question. a big cam may need a little more advance to help the bottom end some help while a smaller cam may like to be retarded to help it work better on the top. It's all about trade offs. Give here and get there. If you're seeing 5 or so HP from degreeing I'll bet if you compare grafts you'll probably see it missing from some other spot in the rev range.
post #6 of 12 Old 03-30-2006, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycle Concepts
degreeing the cams don't really gain hp but merely moves your power curve around alittle...if you want more hp/tq for drag racing, you're gonna have to crack it open and do some engine work...3mil, head/cams,etc...190-195 realisticly...everyday rideable also...give us a call if interested..803.285.8093

dwayne
I'll give you a call.....Thanks

"Best" (Time Slip Proof) Run so far :

60ft:1.7
330ft: 4.5
1/8: 6.7 @ 113mph
1/4: 10.2 @ 142mph
post #7 of 12 Old 03-30-2006, 09:11 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner
Granted if the cams are off a mile you can see a gain from degreeing, BUT usually all you see is the power band moved up or down the rev range. Cam timing is determined by what you're going to be doing with the motor. A road racer will need his power in a certain spot and a drag racer another, and a hill climber another. It also depends on the camshaft in question. a big cam may need a little more advance to help the bottom end some help while a smaller cam may like to be retarded to help it work better on the top. It's all about trade offs. Give here and get there. If you're seeing 5 or so HP from degreeing I'll bet if you compare grafts you'll probably see it missing from some other spot in the rev range.
I called muzzys and that is what they told me. I do agree that changing cam timing will move the power the powerband.

I live my life a quarter-pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, im free. I need FRIESSSS! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didnt blow a seam on your nugget box.
post #8 of 12 Old 03-30-2006, 10:12 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Just throw the Juice to tha bitch and tune it for such application

SPEED4LIFE
post #9 of 12 Old 03-31-2006, 11:55 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

has anyone tried the cams that kalwasaki is selling? The intake cam
post #10 of 12 Old 03-31-2006, 01:24 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

There are a few members here that have the race intake cam. Do a search.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in