Busy Next Two days - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 04-13-2010, 02:18 AM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Busy Next Two days

Well I finally got all my parts in and started to install them this evening. I got the 25mm Ohlins cartridge kit with the tools and fluids to install from Kyle Racing. I cant say enough about them they were awesome to deal with. They hooked me up with everything I needed and it was a great price. The customer service was great lots of communication, I highly recommend them for suspension needs. I was going to go with the R/T forks but they don't have the supper bike valving were as the cartridge kits do, plus the cartridge kits are legal in all racing orgs. Then I picked up a Brembo RCS master cylinder, with galfer lines and pads as well as CBR 1000RR calipers. I also picked up a set of samco hoses in green. Wish me luck. Heres a picture of the parts laid out the lines and pads aren't in the pic.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-13-2010, 08:30 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Grats on the new parts! I've always heard good things about Kyle Racing.
post #3 of 7 Old 04-22-2010, 01:27 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Any install upgrade yet? Is it fun time or is there still work to be done?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 04-22-2010, 02:35 AM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Yup finished yesterday and all I can say is wow the brakes are awesome two finger braking. It was nice to hear the cool sound that Brembo master cylinders make again. The suspension I'm still trying to get it dialed in I got the sag set up now i'm just making the adjustments from the ohlins recommended settings. The recommended settings are still by far way better then the stock forks so I'm excited once I get um just right. The Samco hoses look good but I didn't notice any drop in temp but I wasn't expecting any though.
post #5 of 7 Old 04-22-2010, 07:07 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

With the Ohlins kit what tools if any did they send you, I been looking into a set for my 2008 but the Cap tool isn't included with the kit. I understand that the stock fork tube is 43mm and the only wrench that I have found on EBay are for the 50mm Ducati forks. How did you tighten the top fork cap, and did you complete the job yourself or at a shop? Can't wait to see pictures.
post #6 of 7 Old 04-22-2010, 06:26 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

You need to call the guys at Kyle Racing. My kit didnt come with a Ohlins Top cap, the stock one is the one they use. I thought they might have been trying to short change me so I called Ohlins USA up to see if that was case, and they said yes for my bike they use the stock top cap, but if I wanted I could buy the Ohlins top caps. They said that the stock top caps are just as good so they arent needed. If you want the top cap tool you can buy it from Kyle Racing they said it was 53 dollars but since this kit uses the stock cap it wasnt needed. They did send me the Ohlins Cartridge installation tool and the spring run up tool those are needed to do the job and they cost about 200 for the tools and the oil needed. Yeah I did the job myself took about a 1.5 hours per fork tube thats removing them from the bike to ready to ride. The stock cartridges are a PITA if you dont have the spring compressor I just ended up cutting the plastic spring spacer off to get access to the nut to remove the top cap, but with simple hand tools this mod can be done with ease. Hope this helps let me know if you have other questions.
post #7 of 7 Old 05-08-2010, 06:56 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

UPDATE Busy One [email protected]!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in