BST Carbon Wheels - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 Old 03-06-2008, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

BST Carbon Wheels

I remember seeing some member(s) with the carbon wheels on the forum...Im wonder how they're holding up too street rididng and if they having any problems with them like install, the finish, mount and balance, wear and tear any thing? Im really think Im gone to get a set of them and just wants some feed back please?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 Old 03-06-2008, 08:42 PM
Speed Freak

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to garth285
those rims are tits....... only problem i had was when drag racing a buddy, we both launched way to hard hes on a 14 n he jsut spun the tire, my tire spun, kicked to the right, hooked up and sent me into oh about a 1'o clock wheelie, came smashing down hard enough to gouge the concrete with my oil pan bolt, did a fracture on one of the spokes though :-/

i have heard stories abotu big hp busa's ripping the hubs off them but i think for normal riding you would be safe.
post #3 of 33 Old 03-06-2008, 08:48 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Holy crap man, Garth! That sounds crazy, and glad that didn't happen at higher speed.

I think in most normal riding situations the wheels will be fine. I've seen a few pics floating on the net of one fragging while on a trackday, but it was unclear whether what attributed to the failure. For a street ridden bike, I'd go with forged aluminum. If you're tracking the bike, forged magnesium's weight savings is nice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 33 Old 03-06-2008, 09:06 PM
inappropriate

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to hesaves0211
damn it garth, thats nuts!
post #5 of 33 Old 03-06-2008, 09:37 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

hard to say. Only time will. There quite a few bikes at track with carbon wheels. I am considering a set myself. As the advert promises a reduction of 3 secs in lap times.
post #6 of 33 Old 03-09-2008, 11:31 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

I have them on my zx10 04. Really like them had them for a year. I really like them. Travis Lutter
post #7 of 33 Old 03-10-2008, 10:59 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkkninja View Post
hard to say. Only time will. There quite a few bikes at track with carbon wheels. I am considering a set myself. As the advert promises a reduction of 3 secs in lap times.

don't know about 3 secs, but if you're consistent enough the lower rotating mass and improved turn in (flickability ?) would be more than enough to keep a huge smile on your face. add to that come ceramic/steel hybrid bearings from WWB and you're on your way to MotoGP
post #8 of 33 Old 03-10-2008, 11:09 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to 06BLK10R Send a message via Yahoo to 06BLK10R
I went to a Motorcycle show a while back & they were Demoing a set of C.F. wheels two guys were bouncing them off of the concrete floor I don't remember the Brand of wheel as they were to expensive for my taste.
Said they were doing this Demo as people get the wrong idea out of C.F. wheels they think if they hit something they will shatter.Was a pretty good demo IMO did it the whole time I was there pretty much non stop wasn't even a nick in the rim as they let you look at them as well.
post #9 of 33 Old 03-10-2008, 04:37 PM
Wiz
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to Wiz
I have had mine now for almost 3 years now and they are still as good as the day I fitted them. I have been over to the Nurburgring twice and toured with them through all sorts of roads and they are great bits of kit . Go for it
post #10 of 33 Old 03-10-2008, 05:55 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis lutter View Post
I have them on my zx10 04. Really like them had them for a year. I really like them. Travis Lutter

Is this the Travis Lutter from TUF 4? I know I might catch hell for this one, but I have to ask.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in