Broken down hpoefully stator - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 06-12-2011, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
Gen2 Ripper

Posting Frequency

Broken down hpoefully stator

Well, decided to take bike for quick ride between showers. Now Im sitting broke down for my bro in law and tools. While riding, red light began flashing so I pulled in clutch, coasted to stop. Once shut off, wont start or barely cranks at all. Appears to be stator. That is all for now.
This blows, gonna rain any minute.

07-ZX10R-SOLD
, 1/5th insert, -1/+5,comp werkes decatted,PC3+multi-hub,piperX,30 dry shot,2custom maps,Ballistic EVO2,Pazzo shorties,SATO rearsets,HealTech,ZG Corsa,EBC XC Gen3 rotors,Vesrah pads, SS lines, Gen3 calipers, etc and stretched 8" so it won't flip
05-ZRX1200R-sold
04-KX500-sold
1975 RD350-garage queen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 06-12-2011, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
Gen2 Ripper

Posting Frequency

Definately stator. Began to crank briefly after sitting a few minutes. Gonna charge battery and try to make the 4 mile ride home not stopping. Wish me luck.

07-ZX10R-SOLD
, 1/5th insert, -1/+5,comp werkes decatted,PC3+multi-hub,piperX,30 dry shot,2custom maps,Ballistic EVO2,Pazzo shorties,SATO rearsets,HealTech,ZG Corsa,EBC XC Gen3 rotors,Vesrah pads, SS lines, Gen3 calipers, etc and stretched 8" so it won't flip
05-ZRX1200R-sold
04-KX500-sold
1975 RD350-garage queen
post #3 of 17 Old 06-12-2011, 02:10 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

if you had a 1gen i have a stator sitting in the garage. good luck on the ride home man
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 06-12-2011, 03:53 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Skype™ to copperelite
thats what my gen 2 stator did i think this is the one i got

http://www.regulatorrectifier.com/ca...-ZX-10R-Stator
post #5 of 17 Old 06-12-2011, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
Gen2 Ripper

Posting Frequency

Just got home after my tow. I made it far enough home to reach Delaware so I didn't get hammered for towing but it was still $125 tow. Just began to rain as he pulled up to me.
Side note, saw a really nice 3rd gen SE ride by as we were putting it onto flatbed.
I got a great price quote from Konichd who is a vendor on here. He will be getting the call from me Wednesday(pay day). I thought I may of had a problem but it was so intermittent and rare I just asked for a quote on parts Tuesday last week. Bike shut off once when I pulled clutch in while slowing down. Sounds minor and all, but my bike has NEVER stalled on me while moving. So I knew something was a miss and called around about stators. I had no other symptoms aside from it shutting off that day last weekend coming back from Ephrata,PA(Long ride). It started back up but a little sluggish firing. I should have known better. But who just replaces parts before they actually fail? It ran fine rest of that day and the 10 miles out to PA today before red light began to flash.
Well, I am now downloading the stator removal PDF from manual and will have it running in a week or 2 tops. For those wondering about stators, I only had 1 symptom which was a stall while moving and clutch in. No other sign of failure so when these go, they just fail quickly.

07-ZX10R-SOLD
05-ZRX1200R-sold
04-KX500-sold
1975 RD350-garage queen
post #6 of 17 Old 06-12-2011, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
Gen2 Ripper

Posting Frequency

cookmaster and copperelite, thanks for the link and luck. I take what I can get.

07-ZX10R-SOLD
05-ZRX1200R-sold
04-KX500-sold
1975 RD350-garage queen
post #7 of 17 Old 06-12-2011, 05:43 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

let me know how this install works out for you. my bike shut off every now and then while im riding a clutch and roll to a stop then restart it and drive one...thought it was the battery until now!

Florida has a poor job market! :headshake
post #8 of 17 Old 06-12-2011, 08:38 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

neverendingmods,
My '04 model has started playing up as well, and this is the cheapest that I've seen a stator advertised for, but I can't seem to find a stator for the '04-05 ZX-10R's. Do you have any idea whether the '06-07 stator is the same as the previous generation ZX?
post #9 of 17 Old 06-12-2011, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
Gen2 Ripper

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by WLTD View Post
let me know how this install works out for you. my bike shut off every now and then while im riding a clutch and roll to a stop then restart it and drive one...thought it was the battery until now!
Will do. I keep my rpm's near 1300rpm best I can so I New it was not a low idle issue. Like I said, it just stalled pulling clutch in and never did that before til last Sunday after a long ride. Today, ran fine til I noticed red light flashing on instrument panel. Pulled over, shut it off and battery was dead. Only made it a couple miles after jumping battery til instrument readout went blank then coils quit firing. Same as an alternator in car going out.
I'll post back if I still have an intermittent stall but I believe 99% the stator was the cause. My bike is always reliable so Im not really bent at all.

07-ZX10R-SOLD
05-ZRX1200R-sold
04-KX500-sold
1975 RD350-garage queen
post #10 of 17 Old 06-12-2011, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
Gen2 Ripper

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninZX-10R View Post
neverendingmods,
My '04 model has started playing up as well, and this is the cheapest that I've seen a stator advertised for, but I can't seem to find a stator for the '04-05 ZX-10R's. Do you have any idea whether the '06-07 stator is the same as the previous generation ZX?
Contact Konichd on here, he's a site vendor/sponsor and he beat that price by a good amount SHIPPED with gasket. Im not sure if the 04/05 and 06/07 are the same. Probably not as nothing else is identical gen1 to gen2. I bet Konichd can get you the best price though. Cheaper than that link to. He is getting me GENUINE kawasaki stator and gasket. Not an aftermarket one which many have had issues with.
Check www.ronayers.com for part #'s on the stators for each year. Look under micrifiche for kawasaki.

07-ZX10R-SOLD
05-ZRX1200R-sold
04-KX500-sold
1975 RD350-garage queen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in