Gen 3: 2008-2010 Brocks Alienhead and Akra Link Pipe question - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 06-29-2012, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Brocks Alienhead and Akra Link Pipe question

I have a team Green 08' ZX10R and I am currently running stock filter, with a hot bodies style carbon fiber growler...but I am thinking about switching it out for a Brocks Alienhead blacked out slip-on and then an akrapovic link pipe to get rid of my boombox to give it a better sound overall....I have a K&N air filter being put in right now with the tune-up being done...if I was to switch to the Brocks + Akra + K&N should I run a P.C. on it and have it mapped accordingly? Any help is appreciated! Ride safe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-30-2012, 05:44 AM
Gen2 Ripper

Posting Frequency

Get the Brocks Alienhead FULL system. Thats where the power gains are. Plus Brocks has a map he includes for the PowerCommander with the full system.

Sorry, can't answer your question. Just recommending the full exhaust, not just a slipon if you are looking at alienhead anyways.

07-ZX10R-SOLD
, 1/5th insert, -1/+5,comp werkes decatted,PC3+multi-hub,piperX,30 dry shot,2custom maps,Ballistic EVO2,Pazzo shorties,SATO rearsets,HealTech,ZG Corsa,EBC XC Gen3 rotors,Vesrah pads, SS lines, Gen3 calipers, etc and stretched 8" so it won't flip
05-ZRX1200R-sold
04-KX500-sold
1975 RD350-garage queen
post #3 of 5 Old 06-30-2012, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Brocks full system i think is like 1200 plus 250 for a PC and like what 500-600 for a dyno/install so over 2k in cost. Slip on is like 490 and akrapovic is 150 and pc is 250 so about 1k in cost. I dunno the stats of whether it would work well or not but I was hoping someone with knowledge could chime in. We don't really have many bike shops by my place.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 06-30-2012, 07:53 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

08+ have 8 injectors, pc only controls 4, bazzaz controls 8. My vote goes to bocks full system and bazzaz/race ecu.
post #5 of 5 Old 07-01-2012, 07:05 AM
Custom Powder Coater

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanbag View Post
Brocks full system i think is like 1200 plus 250 for a PC and like what 500-600 for a dyno/install so over 2k in cost. Slip on is like 490 and akrapovic is 150 and pc is 250 so about 1k in cost. I dunno the stats of whether it would work well or not but I was hoping someone with knowledge could chime in. We don't really have many bike shops by my place.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
No dyno needed Brock will send u a map to upload in PC,once u register on his site/forum..
Also if u know anyone that has a Brock's system ask them to order for u under there name it's an automatic 10% off... (I've had several systems and ordered lots of parts for my boys from Brock's)
And if u install itself there's no instal price price for nothing... If u not sure about ask us (forum members)

www.sportbikepc.com
Sport Bike Powder Coating,LLC
Custom Powder Coating & Authorized Dealer for:
ASV Levers,Brocks Performance,Carrozzeria Wheels,Core Moto Brake Lines, EarthX Batteries,Sato Racing, SuperSprox..
PM or [email protected] for pricing..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in