Bridgestone BT016 vs Pirelli Corsa lll - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 12-16-2008, 08:08 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Bridgestone BT016 vs Pirelli Corsa lll

Ok i'm about to buy tires and i'm not sure what to get. I've read the BT016's are pretty good but then on here I hear everone always talk about the Corsa lll's. I know the pirelli is stickier but is it gonna wear out alot faster then the bridgstone's? by the way there about the same price the pirelli is just a little more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 12-16-2008, 08:31 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Both great tires, you can't go wrong with either! The DC3's are a little more predictable when the tire is gonna break loose near the limit. I have DC3's now and will stick to them as I've gotten used to them but I know a lot of vendors have the BT 016's at crazy cheap pricing.

Sean

08 10R Pearl Wildfire Orange

Akra slip on W/Link Pipe, Ohlins R&T Forks, Ohlins 46PRXLS, Attack Rearsets, Guhl ECU Reflash, Ivan's Block Offs, Pazzo Levers, Goodridge Carbo Brake Lines, Vesrah RJL Pads, Riflemans 1/5 Throttle Insert, R & G Sliders & Engine Guards, Puig Z Screen, Puig Hugger, Evotech 1/4 turn gas cap

post #3 of 12 Old 12-17-2008, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

I'm not gonna go to the track with them. I'm gonna run different tires for that but, for the street how much longer is the BT016 gonna last if any. Because I just need street tires right now for twisty's and stuff, and I ride in the rain as well since my bike is my only mode of transportation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 12-17-2008, 11:33 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
Bridgestone are good, and Bridgestone has some new tires comming out in March its called BT-003RS suppose to be a toned down version of their trackday and race only tire, this is more for the street i guess, you also might want to think about the Michelin PP2CT ?? but most of the tires out there are all darn good tires and will work wonders.
post #5 of 12 Old 12-17-2008, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyodbraun View Post
Bridgestone are good, and Bridgestone has some new tires comming out in March its called BT-003RS suppose to be a toned down version of their trackday and race only tire, this is more for the street i guess, you also might want to think about the Michelin PP2CT ?? but most of the tires out there are all darn good tires and will work wonders.
Yeah that's what I figured all these tires are so good anyway especially for the street. I am running the PP2CT on th rear right now I just need a new front. Was thinking about going with the pp2ct in front as well. There all gonna last about the same right? Thats not my main concern (wouldn't have bought a 10 if it was) I'm just wondering.
post #6 of 12 Old 12-17-2008, 12:04 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
Yeah I dont like to miss match tires esp brands but thats just me,and just my 2cents, but yeah some might last longer than others it just depends on how hard you are on your tires, and the the things you do wth them LOL...
post #7 of 12 Old 12-17-2008, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Well I figure I buy the Corsa lll now (I think I can get one for $116 shipped on ebay) for the front, and once my rear is done i'll throw a Corsa lll on there too. I've already had a qualifier on the front (got a hole in the rear) which I really dont like.
post #8 of 12 Old 12-17-2008, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

How are the Pirelli Diablo Supersports? Cycle Gear has a super sale on them. Does anyone know if they still have that sale on the Bridgestone BT016's?
post #9 of 12 Old 12-17-2008, 04:56 PM

Posting Frequency

There was a member here who had the bt016's on his bike and the rear lasted him 2,500 miles. Judging by the pics, he seemed to be a pretty hard "street" rider though. I think he was getting a new one and going to test the tire life with different air pressures. From what he said, it was a great tire. Very sticky and stable. He also got a KILLER deal on them, but that deal had long since pass
post #10 of 12 Old 12-17-2008, 06:58 PM
Vio
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by killersrt View Post
There was a member here who had the bt016's on his bike and the rear lasted him 2,500 miles. Judging by the pics, he seemed to be a pretty hard "street" rider though. I think he was getting a new one and going to test the tire life with different air pressures. From what he said, it was a great tire. Very sticky and stable. He also got a KILLER deal on them, but that deal had long since pass
I think you are referring to me and you are correct except that i didn't get 2500 miles. I got about 1500

I do ride pretty hard (no burnouts or wheelies though, only corners) but i was running 30psi and was at a place called "The unknown" that is pretty much a track environment with mostly left turns and not much time for the tires to cool off.

I am now running 32 PSI in my new rear tire and it is wearing much better so far. I have not been back to that spot with my new rear to test the different PSI though.

I do like the tires a lot and they are quite a bit cheaper than the pirellis from what i have found.

Last edited by Vio; 12-17-2008 at 07:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in