Brembo 19x18 - Additional Parts Needed? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 04-16-2006, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Brembo 19x18 - Additional Parts Needed?

I am looking to get a 19x18 brake lever/master cylinder. Will it work with the same stainless lines that work with my stock brakes? Or do I need additional fittings? New lines? Brake light switch?

2004 ZX-10R black (sold)
2008 CBR1000RR
2011 ZX-10R ABS Black
#51 NESBA, TPM, Absolute

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 04-16-2006, 12:40 PM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLove
I am looking to get a 19x18 brake lever/master cylinder. Will it work with the same stainless lines that work with my stock brakes? Or do I need additional fittings? New lines? Brake light switch?
Jlove

The angle / position at which the lines connect to a radial VS a traditional are different so its possible you'll need different lines but don't sue me if i'm wrong
you will deffinately need a brake switch to accompany the radial. BTW this is whats nice about the zx6r MC swap as it has a switch that accepts the OEM connector and is the same color as the other control parts.

BD

Those who stir the shit pot should have to lick the spoon.
post #3 of 14 Old 04-16-2006, 12:44 PM

Posting Frequency

The banjo bolt fitting on the brembo m/c is of a different thread pitch. You'll need a M10x1.0mm pitch bolt for the brembo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 04-16-2006, 02:19 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to trbltriage
just installed mine couple weeks back... brad at superbike supply hooked me up ....the ss lines are at an angle like BD said... depending on the angle that you like your brake lever there'll be some fine tuning involved...i have a hydraulic brake light switch on mine which with the help of TreyZx10r(a member here on the site) we plugged right into the stock harness ... i'll explain in detail if you need me to... the color is not that bad... i'll try and get pics up

post #5 of 14 Old 04-16-2006, 02:45 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLove
If you purchase from Dan Kyle, the Brembo will come with a brake light switch/double banjo bolt that won't have to be cut down or need extra washers to make it fit properly.

And even if you don't buy from him, you won't need to change your brake lines. My Galfer SBK lines for the stock '04 setup worked just fine. Heres a photo:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dcp_1146.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	145.6 KB
ID:	14414  

Last edited by CanyonCarver; 04-16-2006 at 02:48 PM.
post #6 of 14 Old 04-16-2006, 03:07 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to trbltriage
https://zx-10r.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=1449&c=16
i used the brembo resevoir so trey fabricated a bracket real quick
https://zx-10r.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=1448&c=16

the hydraulic brake switch i was talking about is a double banjo bolt which i also got from superbike supply

Last edited by trbltriage; 04-16-2006 at 03:10 PM.
post #7 of 14 Old 04-28-2006, 09:32 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Just got my superbike lines. Bought the brembo 19x18 two weeks ago. Not the most impressed with the setup I got. Brad did give me a good deal (actually ordered though Mary). I made the assumption it was a bolt on affair. Made a bracket for the Reservoir not a big deal. I have the same reservoir, from my extra 954 RR parts. But the thing that sucks is the double banjo bolt is too long. So I will have to cut or find another. Just thought with everyone buying this setup it would be with a little less modification. Anyway if some has an idea what length of a bolt/switch I need hit me up.
post #8 of 14 Old 05-03-2006, 06:15 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukutto
Just got my superbike lines. Bought the brembo 19x18 two weeks ago. Not the most impressed with the setup I got. Brad did give me a good deal (actually ordered though Mary). I made the assumption it was a bolt on affair. Made a bracket for the Reservoir not a big deal. I have the same reservoir, from my extra 954 RR parts. But the thing that sucks is the double banjo bolt is too long. So I will have to cut or find another. Just thought with everyone buying this setup it would be with a little less modification. Anyway if some has an idea what length of a bolt/switch I need hit me up.
if you are having problems with your setup please call me.

brad

Retail is for squids. Shop like a pro at Superbike Supply.
[email protected]
https://www.facebook.com/superbikesupply
www.forum.superbikesupply.com
1-828-287-2101
post #9 of 14 Old 05-03-2006, 07:52 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

if you are having problems with your setup please call me.

brad

Thanks, I took care of it. I cut the switch/banjo bolt. I didn't want to add extra washers, I figured this leaves a greater chance of seeping and it's kind of ghetto to me.
post #10 of 14 Old 05-04-2006, 12:41 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukutto
How did you bleed the system?

Sergio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in