Brembo 19mm RCS Master Cylinder? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 01-08-2010, 01:34 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Brembo 19mm RCS Master Cylinder?

Has anyone tried the Brembo 19mm RCS Radial Brake Master Cylinder?

I would like to know if there is a fairly significant advantage (besides adjustabilty) to running this over the stock 08 Master Cylinder setup?

I got one as a gift for Christmas. If its a good performance upgrade I'm going to use it. If its mainly just the adjustablity and the name, then I'm probably going to sell it and use the $ elsewhere.

http://www.superbiketoystore.com/spo...ster-cylinder/

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 01-08-2010, 01:40 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Better than Stock? Yes. If you ride on the street a lot it's a nice setup cause you dont need anything else (i.e. pressure switch) for brake lights. If you just track or race Id get the regular 19x20 and pocket the extra cash.

http://www.superbiketoystore.com/spo...-19x20-forged/

GEN 4: Brembo HP calipers, Brembo HP T-Drive Rotors, Brembo RCS master cylinder, Fren Tubo SS lines, re-valved Ohlins damper, Ohlins TTX shock, Yoshimura case covers/frame sliders, Yoshimura 3/4 R77D Ti exhaust, BMC filter, Puig DB, Renthal Clip ons/sprockets, attack rearsets, Guhl flash, kawi kit throttle, Ballistic EVO2 8 cell, Annitori RL quick shifter, Dunlop rubber.

Last edited by Ninja187; 01-08-2010 at 01:43 PM.
post #3 of 10 Old 01-08-2010, 03:13 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja187 View Post
Better than Stock? Yes. If you ride on the street a lot it's a nice setup cause you dont need anything else (i.e. pressure switch) for brake lights. If you just track or race Id get the regular 19x20 and pocket the extra cash.

The RSC can swich between 18&20.......Install it and sell the stock one....you won't be dissapointed....and whoever got that for you for Christmas.....you should be very very appreciative.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 01-09-2010, 04:45 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja187 View Post

Yes, I live in a nice part of the country and enjoy street riding as well as the track.

Just curious if the performance was better than the Radial stock.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by photodigm1 View Post
The RSC can swich between 18&20.......Install it and sell the stock one....you won't be dissapointed....and whoever got that for you for Christmas.....you should be very very appreciative.
I busted my ass getting my wife and I through school while I worked.

I appreciate more than most.

I think I will go ahead and try it out. Thanks for the input.
post #5 of 10 Old 01-09-2010, 06:04 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

subcribed

FULLY LOADED :)
post #6 of 10 Old 01-09-2010, 10:45 AM
BANNED

Posting Frequency

junk, i'll give you $100 bucks for it!
post #7 of 10 Old 01-09-2010, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX10Rracer View Post
junk, i'll give you $100 bucks for it!
I knew that was coming sooner or later...
post #8 of 10 Old 01-09-2010, 01:23 PM
jcw
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by TENN10 View Post
Has anyone tried the Brembo 19mm RCS Radial Brake Master Cylinder?

I would like to know if there is a fairly significant advantage (besides adjustabilty) to running this over the stock 08 Master Cylinder setup?

I got one as a gift for Christmas. If its a good performance upgrade I'm going to use it. If its mainly just the adjustablity and the name, then I'm probably going to sell it and use the $ elsewhere.

http://www.superbiketoystore.com/spo...ster-cylinder/

Thanks
I have one on my BMW. I've got the radial MC off a zx-6r I think on my 10.

I've done trackdays in intermediate on the zx-10r and have no problems with the zx-6r radial MC.
I've done trackdays in intermediate on the BMW with the RCS and it worked fine as well.
I also have used an ISR master cylinder as well on the BMW.

I've seen the density of casting/forging of Brembo products and they are significantly better than the japanese counterpart, BUT this does not translate to a huge difference for me at least on the track or street.

2 step adjustability is useless, IMO. Find a ratio you like and you probably won't change it ever again. The good part about the RCS is the intergrated brake switch. Overall quality is not GREAT, but not bad either.

If you are planning to play with different calipers especially ones with bigger pistons, then I can see have the adjustability of the RCS or ISR. Becuase on BMW I'm running billet racing brembo caipers with the larger 32/36mm pistons (I think the zx10/14/6 calipers are 28/28?). 19x18 has far too much lever travel for me. 19x20 is barely OK.
post #9 of 10 Old 01-09-2010, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcw View Post
I have one on my BMW. I've got the radial MC off a zx-6r I think on my 10.

I've done trackdays in intermediate on the zx-10r and have no problems with the zx-6r radial MC.
I've done trackdays in intermediate on the BMW with the RCS and it worked fine as well.
I also have used an ISR master cylinder as well on the BMW.

I've seen the density of casting/forging of Brembo products and they are significantly better than the japanese counterpart, BUT this does not translate to a huge difference for me at least on the track or street.

2 step adjustability is useless, IMO. Find a ratio you like and you probably won't change it ever again. The good part about the RCS is the intergrated brake switch. Overall quality is not GREAT, but not bad either.

If you are planning to play with different calipers especially ones with bigger pistons, then I can see have the adjustability of the RCS or ISR. Becuase on BMW I'm running billet racing brembo caipers with the larger 32/36mm pistons (I think the zx10/14/6 calipers are 28/28?). 19x18 has far too much lever travel for me. 19x20 is barely OK.

Thanks. That's what I was looking for.

I doubt that I will need the adjustablity. I'm not planning on riding in the rain or swapping calipers.

The 08 of course already has a Radial Master Cylinder, so thats why I asked about the performance difference. I don't know much about braking systems.

However, I am curious to feel the difference for myself. I believe I will give the Brembo a try.
post #10 of 10 Old 01-24-2010, 08:11 PM
Newfie Bullet

Posting Frequency

Garage
So bottom line,is it worth the 3 bills for a change up over the stock??

Team green,Bleed green,RIDE GREEN!!

Brembo m/c,Nassert Beet,HEL lines,Pazzo levers,HID kit,custom monster paint scheme..Thanks to forum member horse for that..Woolich raceing kit,Elka rear shock and front fork pistons,Green samco coolant hose kit,Zero gravity dbbl smoked screen,520 conversion,attack rear sets,bmc race air filter,Monster zx6 front seat,moto graffix tank pad,feredo pads,galpher lite weight rear rotor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in