Brakes feel funny - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 05-26-2007, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Angry Brakes feel funny

Why does my brake lever seem to almost touch the handle on setting one..did i get a p.o.s. its been doing it since i got it brand new... the brake pads are fine and i changed the lines to stainless and bled the shit out of them also i get surgeing from 30 to 50 mph i was told it was the back sprocket it happens more since i got a DID chain I DONT KNOW this sux ive just been keeping it above 60 but speed limit is only 60 lol any advice i would appreciate greatly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-26-2007, 06:02 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

There are a million posts on this topic. My advice is to get yourself a Brembo master cylinder at around $240 USD.
post #3 of 3 Old 05-27-2007, 01:47 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

LOL I donít know who told you that but if someone told you that a "DID" chain will cause surging then he is an idiot. If you chain has a tight spot it might cause a surge feeling but I doubt you would notice it but you would hear a slapping unless you chain is way to tight then it could bind up. DID is a good chain there are better out there though but did is not bad.

When you bleed your brakes take the left side caliper off, put a piece of metal between the pads and bleed it holding it up so that the air does not get trapped in the section of line that curves over the fender.

O btw

High Velocity Cycles 2005 Ti ZX10R
Greeensboro NC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in