Boz Bros exhaust and custom mapping - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 11-30-2008, 12:44 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Boz Bros exhaust and custom mapping

I've had my 05 zx10 for about 4 months now. Its got all the goodies (Ivan's TRE, -1 +1 sprockets, extended and lowered, PC III, Boz Bros exhaust). I got my bike dyno'd and it only came out 140rwhp. I now that something is wrong cause they have like 150rwhp stock! Can it be the mapping on my PC III? If so, does anyone know a good place in Florida to get it custom mapped? Any advice will be appreciated.

"The world is made of two types of people: riders and everyone else. In a country full of lawsuits, threat levels, child proof caps, rules and regulations, owning a motorcycle is one of the last ways to give the middle finger to society's expectation that we constantly be caged and protected. We all want our machines to be a representation of ourselves. Those that ride know being on a motorcycle is not just about getting from point A to B."
John Zamora - Super Streetbike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-30-2008, 12:46 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth Rider View Post
I've had my 05 zx10 for about 4 months now. Its got all the goodies (Ivan's TRE, -1 +1 sprockets, extended and lowered, PC III, Boz Bros exhaust). I got my bike dyno'd and it only came out 140rwhp. I now that something is wrong cause they have like 150rwhp stock! Can it be the mapping on my PC III? If so, does anyone know a good place in Florida to get it custom mapped? Any advice will be appreciated.
I don't know about the Boz Bros but I can't see it lowering hp. You would sure know it by the way the bike is running. Is it possibly the dyno, are other bikes considerably low on that dyno as well? My best advice is get it mapped ASAP, but almost anybody here will tell you that, hopefully someone can help with your location now.

At its core, the Ninja ZX-10R is a motorcycle built for the accomplished rider who can fully appreciate its capabilities--whether put to the test at a racetrack, or merely the focus of bench-racing conversation. It is, by all standards, the embodiment of the ultimate superbike.

Member of The Elite - Growler Group
post #3 of 7 Old 11-30-2008, 01:57 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Well there was a busa with full muzzy pipes and pc III at 153rwhp but there was a new gsxr 1000 with only a slip on two brothers at 157rwhp so it could possibly be the dyno

Boz Bros exhaust has extremely low back pressure due to the lack of muffler and short pipe. The guy that dyno'd my bike said that was a big reason why it only put out 140 ponies

"The world is made of two types of people: riders and everyone else. In a country full of lawsuits, threat levels, child proof caps, rules and regulations, owning a motorcycle is one of the last ways to give the middle finger to society's expectation that we constantly be caged and protected. We all want our machines to be a representation of ourselves. Those that ride know being on a motorcycle is not just about getting from point A to B."

Last edited by Stealth Rider; 11-30-2008 at 02:20 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 12-01-2008, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Does anyone know of a place to get my bike custom tuned in florda? Somewhere in Tampa or Southwest florida?

post #5 of 7 Old 12-01-2008, 03:50 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

My buddy runs a bike shop over in oldsmar which is right next to tampa called bucks down racing. Hes got a dynojet 250i with the tuning link software. I had my bike tuned by him and it runs awesome. He knows his shit and is a car/motorcycle mechanic by trade. LMK if you want his number. BTW i highly recomend the tuning link software.

Marchesini Magnesiums,Nassert beet,kawi cam,.45 headgasket,DJ PC/Ig.M/QS,velocity stacks,bmc race,gipro,sato rearsets,helibars,throttlemeisters,pazzo shorties,speedohealer,520 renthal sprockets,penske 8393 double clicker,traxxion dynamic springs,scotts stabilizer,lsl frame sliders,cox radiator guard,powerbronze hugger,puig DB,solo seat cover,Valentine1,dual low beam projectors,55w.hids, brembo superbike rotors,Goodridge superbike lines,nissin calipers and rizoma mirrors,mda123 battery.
post #6 of 7 Old 12-01-2008, 03:55 PM
T Double D

Posting Frequency

i would say its the dyno

2005 ZX10r
2009 Monster ZX14 brocked out
2009 SuperStreetBike Magazine Top Speed Challenge Winner ( on a zx10! )
post #7 of 7 Old 12-02-2008, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt ninja View Post
My buddy runs a bike shop over in oldsmar which is right next to tampa called bucks down racing. Hes got a dynojet 250i with the tuning link software. I had my bike tuned by him and it runs awesome. He knows his shit and is a car/motorcycle mechanic by trade. LMK if you want his number. BTW i highly recomend the tuning link software.
I go to school at U of Tampa so Oldsmar isnt too far away. Can you pm me his name and number?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in