Bitubo xxf31 shock vs. Ohlins TTX - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 01-11-2010, 11:15 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Bitubo xxf31 shock vs. Ohlins TTX

Everyone has heard of Ohlins, and yes as far as needing work on them, quality, etc, etc, they are really good. However I have a buddy who rides a 1098S Duc. and he put Marzocci front forks with the whole tripple tree kit; They are 50mm forks, really NICE. He then put Bitubo XXF31 rear shock in the rear. I have never heard of them until he got it, and he says that its right there with Ohlins.
This I know, I know there is alot of stuff out there that the Pro's use that the average sportbike rider has never even heard of, and just because it's not the home brand name (Ohlins) doesn't mean it's not top quality mod's.

I like to be different, to go off the beaten path, but of course I don't want to sacrifice PERFORMANCE.
This is going to be for the experienced guys out there who really know what they are talking about; No offense, but I am not looking for a bunch of opinions who really don't KNOW, but just go on what they like or have heard. I know Ohlins is great, and you can't go wrong with them, but I would like to run something that everyone else doesn't have that has the same performance.
Bellissimoto.com check it out

Last edited by Race2; 01-11-2010 at 11:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 01-11-2010, 11:26 PM
All show and all go 10r

Posting Frequency

All I can really say is I doubt the average rider is going to be able to say that's ohlins was better by leaps and bounds to compare to bitubo, penske etc...
post #3 of 20 Old 01-11-2010, 11:30 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I think a thread on this popped up a while back. While they may have a great product, ohlins is just a more used product so getting it serviced, maintained and parts are much easier to come by. I feel the same way though, I like to have something a little unique. Sorry, I know this isnt the repy you specifically requested but deal with it, its a free country LOL just jokin :)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 01-11-2010, 11:32 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

When I was researching other options before getting my Ohlins I checked out Bitubo. Aside for being pretty expensive I had trouble finding a place in the states to service them. Maybe i didnt look hard enough
post #5 of 20 Old 01-11-2010, 11:33 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

There is a member on this forum with one... for some reason MagicMavis comes to mind, but I could very well be wrong.

2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R-Black
Clear Alternatives Tail Light
2005 Honda F4i-Red
Commuter stuff
2003 Yamaha Zuma-Fairy Silver
TPT 70cc Kit, Leo Vince ZX Exhaust, Malossi Delta Clutch, Scott's Damper Sticker
post #6 of 20 Old 01-11-2010, 11:35 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

rspec99

https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthre...ghlight=bitubo

2005 Honda F4i-Red
Commuter stuff
TPT 70cc Kit, Leo Vince ZX Exhaust, Malossi Delta Clutch, Scott's Damper Sticker
post #7 of 20 Old 01-12-2010, 10:42 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to jdgun_13
Well since your asking on this, being in the pits of WSBK for 4 different rounds and getting to see the different bikes up close and well the superstock teams you can pretty much BS with them get info and see what their using.

several of the teams were using the BI-Tubo some and visually the quality looks ot exceed ohlins, but not sure how they perform heads up.
as others have stated they are supposed to be Good and for us mere mortals not so sure we could really tell the difference.

The marzochi's i have seen quite often for $3200 for the forks with fender, clip-ons, and triples...a good deal
Might try these vs the run of the mill ohlins R&T 804's...but servicing them wont be so easy as others have stated.
post #8 of 20 Old 01-12-2010, 10:49 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I've been wanting the bitubo since I first saw it... but where the hell can you buy the damn thing stateside?

2005 Honda F4i-Red
Commuter stuff
post #9 of 20 Old 01-12-2010, 10:58 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I would say go Ohlins, not because of a performance difference between the two, but because the well known stuff is just easier to sell if you ever need to do so.

You see some real top quality stuff for sale around that is a bitch to sell because nobody has heard of it, yet the ohlins and such has people fighting to buy it. If you look at it from an investment stand point then the top name brands are what you want.

I never gave it to anyone that didn't deserve it...
post #10 of 20 Old 01-12-2010, 11:06 AM
BANNED

Posting Frequency

Bitubo has been around for a while they make some sick dampers and I have herd nothing but GOOD about there shocks! people buy Ohlins because all there friend know the name it's the "I got Ohlins suspension" factor 90% of the time,
but IMO the best shock on the market is Penske and your not paying $300 extra for a name! don't get me wrong Ohilns makes some good shit but you do pay for the wrapping! but to answer your question I have used Bitubo stuff and yes it's good! but if you want to talk to the guys who are the real pros call Dan @ "Traxxion Dynamics" they sell Bitubo, ohlins, penske
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in