Best rearsets - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 Old 01-07-2009, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Best rearsets

I was just wondering which brand rearsets is the best as far as quality and fitment? Are they all pretty much similar and it comes down to personal preference. I was looking at the Attack ones but before I fork over $400 plus dollars I want to make sure I get a good product.

Custom FE/CA taillight/TechSpec/Driven D-Axis gas cap/Cox Racing/Champs frame-fork-swingarm sliders/Puig ZRacing/Titax/Woodcraft-Attack case covers/SME rear axle block sliders/Misc carbon fiber/ZG Latigo/HID's/M4 Street Slayer/BMC/XTre/EK 520 MVXZ/+4 Drive Sys/SpeedoHealer/HEL 'Stealth'-Motul RBF600-Galfer pads/KyleRacing damper/Rifleman's/Ivans b/o plates/Q3's/Motul 300v/Engine Ice/Shorai
http://www.maresohana.com/ktrsd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 01-07-2009, 05:57 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

gillies tooling looks pretty good, they look pretty strong. just remember you get what you pay for... i bought a cheap pair of rear sets, and when they came in.... i got a cheap pair of rear sets, the fit sucked and they didnt hold up when i went down.
post #3 of 24 Old 01-07-2009, 06:06 PM

Posting Frequency

I've got a pair of speedkings on mine now. I haven't used others, so I dont know how they compare. They seem really light and it doesn't seem like they have a break off point like some of the others. They also don't dig into your foot like the vortex do though. I only got them because they are anodized red to match my bike and I got a deal I couldn't pass up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 Old 01-07-2009, 06:10 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to ducatibrandon
I have the Vortex and think they work fine. But do I really think any rearsets are needed, no. The stock ones work just fine.
post #5 of 24 Old 01-07-2009, 06:17 PM

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatibrandon View Post
I have the Vortex and think they work fine. But do I really think any rearsets are needed, no. The stock ones work just fine.

I never really noticed a difference. I think stock is fine and very comfortable IMO. Only thing I didn't like about the vortex was the shifter being solid metal with no rubber as a cushion for the toe. Riding around in tennis shoes (I know, I know) would kill my foot
post #6 of 24 Old 01-07-2009, 06:45 PM
Gun Owning Republican

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to Ervins
I use Vortex because they were the cheapest. It is not like I will see huge gains in performance. They are adjustable as well as all the other so it is really a question of how deep your pockets are.

2006 ZX-10R SOLD, 2005 KX250F, and 2007 YZ85
and a Ton of Guns
I will never own a Honda again.

www.ema-usa.com
Motorcycle Parts and Accessories
post #7 of 24 Old 01-07-2009, 06:49 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ervins View Post
i use vortex because they were the cheapest. It is not like i will see huge gains in performance. They are adjustable as well as all the other so it is really a question of how deep your pockets are.
post #8 of 24 Old 01-07-2009, 07:08 PM
La Flama Blanca

Posting Frequency

I have Rizzoma on my 06 and Harris on my 04, I would put them up against anything as far as quality and fit and finish go, they were both well north of 600$ though, ouch!

"Now, I am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"
post #9 of 24 Old 01-07-2009, 07:47 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I have Attack's on my 08 BUT that's only cause I bought them for my 06 and they just happened to fit so I kept them and when my 08 hit the dealer I went up there and did a test fit in the middle of winter lol! I bought them for my 06 because I hated the all black look and silver foot rests. I have never had a problem slipping off the OEM pegs at the track, I have the Attacks set in the OEM position and it seems to fit me best there.

Sean

08 10R Pearl Wildfire Orange

Akra slip on W/Link Pipe, Ohlins R&T Forks, Ohlins 46PRXLS, Attack Rearsets, Guhl ECU Reflash, Ivan's Block Offs, Pazzo Levers, Goodridge Carbo Brake Lines, Vesrah RJL Pads, Riflemans 1/5 Throttle Insert, R & G Sliders & Engine Guards, Puig Z Screen, Puig Hugger, Evotech 1/4 turn gas cap

post #10 of 24 Old 01-07-2009, 07:57 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervins View Post
I use Vortex because they were the cheapest. It is not like I will see huge gains in performance. They are adjustable as well as all the other so it is really a question of how deep your pockets are.
Vortex crash great too!

"Bs stops when the green flag drops"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in